Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Cutco Knives - do you have? worth the hype? worth the $$$?
Previous  1  2

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:31 pm
I'm happy with my cutco knives. They do, however, require sharpening once in a while.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:33 pm
Major Victorionox fangirl here! They're super cheap on Amazon. I've had the same serrated knife for 5 years and it still works like a dream.

Rebesq

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:48 pm
Best knives we have ever had. We have our bread knife for almost 30 years it’s still crazy sharp. Live the serrated vegetable knife

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:59 pm
I bought one to support a friend's son. It's nothing special, and I did not love it enough top buy any more.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 1:26 pm
Amarante wrote:
You can get equally good knives for a better price especially if you wait for a sale. They are not bad knives but extremely overpriced.

Better to build up your knives by buying the best of the specific type you want and go with a high quality less expensive brand

The problem with many people is that they don’t keep their knives sharpened. A sharp knife is safer and of course makes prep easier

There are even some relatively inexpensive brands if you don’t want to invest. Also a very expensive bread knife isn’t as important as a very high quality Chefs knife or Santoko knife because they are the backbone of one’s knives and critical for prepping.

Which great quality knives can you recommend please?

mommy9

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 2:45 pm
We bought from a neighbor because we felt bad for him, but after that we ordered from their website. No sales people. The peeler and can opener are very good.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics