Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me understand this

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 8:43 am
there is a appliance I want to get now that is on sale.

from the company itself.

I asked them why its on sale if there is a newer model coming in they said no its stockroom clearance. when the new stock comes in its going back to the old price.

to make room for new stock.

why do they have to bring in new stock if they still have?

and its their own brand....

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:07 pm
Most stores put items on sale. It encourages people to buy as they feel they're getting a bargain even if it's only a few dollars off. A lot of appliances probably don't get bought up as fast as other items. Most people aren't buying new kettles, processors or whatever weekly. And they don't want them sitting around as that's not making them any money. If they put it on offer, people might be more encouraged to buy as it seems like a good deal.

Eselle13

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 1:11 pm
They probably placed the order for the new stock weeks or even months ago and it's coming whether they have room for it or not. So instead of paying for an additional place to store it, they discount what's in the warehouse now so they can clear it out to make room for the incoming stock.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:54 pm
Eselle13 wrote:
They probably placed the order for the new stock weeks or even months ago and it's coming whether they have room for it or not. So instead of paying for an additional place to store it, they discount what's in the warehouse now so they can clear it out to make room for the incoming stock.

why do they order new stock if they still have old stock?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 6:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
why do they order new stock if they still have old stock?

in this business, alot of it is seeing how much is currently selling, and a guessing game of how many will sell in the coming months.
placing an order itself has a few months lead time.

many times companies make a mistake by ordering too many. been there, done that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics