Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
How to fix this flop

mushkale

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 4:47 pm
I made snickerdoodle cookie dough and I think I wasn't paying attention and added an extra cup of flour because it's so crumbly. What can I do with it now? I can use it like a topping on something but not sure what. I have a couple of duncan hines cake mixes in the house as well that I can improvise with. Any ideas?
Thanks

amf

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 5:05 pm
How crumbly is it? Can you add a little oil and use it in a fruit crumble?
If yes-
Press 2/3 into the bottom of a 9x13 pan, add your choice of fruit filling*, and crumble the rest on top

*you can use a canned pie filling if you're really desperate, or you can make your own. Toss peeled and sliced fruit with a bit of flour, cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice (quantities will vary based on the fruit). Feel free to mix n match. Apple, pear, stone fruit, cherry, strawberry...endless options

mushkale

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 5:18 pm
Thats a great idea. The only canned filling I have is lemon which I don't think is the right thing right? I'll try with some apples from the fridge.

DVOM

Post Fri, Apr 21 2023, 5:21 pm
Add water and confectioners sugar and make cake pops buy forming into balls and dipping in melted chocolate. For a cinnamon-ey dough, I'd use white chocolate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins