Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Masks forever?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:30 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
You are really so clueless, you probably should get more educated before you chime in. There are no antibiotics for viruses such as flu or covid.

When you have to resort to name calling, your position is weak. It's also rude.

Anyway. You're missing the thread of your own argument. Half of covid patients on respirators died of *bacterial* pneumonia.

It is therefore standard to prescribe antibiotics to prevent secondary *bacterial* infections for viral infections.

Additionally, azithromycin, which is typically prescribed, has known antiviral effects in addition to being an antibiotic. That's why if you have the flu or a bad virus, your doctor might prescribe zpac.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:35 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Antivirals, like tamiflu, are not the same thing as antibiotics. Antivirals are given to fight viral infections, antibiotics are given to fight bacterial infections.

The study last week found that half of ventilated covid patients died of bacterial pneumonia.

Covid patients were not treated with early antibiotics which would have prevented these secondary bacterial infections. The early official guidelines were to do nothing. Send to the ER if they can't breathe.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:40 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
My mother in law’s brother was not put on a vent because he couldn’t breathe. He wasn’t dying until they put him on the vent.

I'm sorry about your relative, it's terrible. They were putting people on vents earlier than standard care for any other virus.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:47 am
amother Caramel wrote:
The study last week found that half of ventilated covid patients died of bacterial pneumonia.

Covid patients were not treated with early antibiotics which would have prevented these secondary bacterial infections. The early official guidelines were to do nothing. Send to the ER if they can't breathe.

I wasn’t referring to the study. I was just pointing out that antivirals are given for the flu, not antibiotics.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:52 am
In Quebec people were intubated before undergoing any routine surgery or in-hospital procedure. Think about how shocking that is.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics