Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Do playgroups require vaccination records
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:55 pm
Yes I've been asked by nonlegal playgroups. I was honestly happy they asked since it means they care about these things

mig100

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:29 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
She can ask, but we don't need to answer.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your kid into playgroup in Lakewood. Many fill up literally the day after succos?

you dont have to answer any personal questions. why would a morah whos phone is ringing off the hook take someone who wont answer questions?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:33 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
I don't ask for records but ask if kids are fully vaccinated. I trust people. Maybe I shouldn't...
During measles outbreak a few years ago one parent came to pick up her child to bring her to the dr to get a measles shot.
I said: "but I asked you if your child was fully vaccinated and you answered yes?"
She said "oh she got everything but not that one...." Rolling Eyes

OMG exact same thing happened to me that year! (Also a playgroup morah)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:38 pm
mig100 wrote:
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your kid into playgroup in Lakewood. Many fill up literally the day after succos?

you dont have to answer any personal questions. why would a morah whos phone is ringing off the hook take someone who wont answer questions?

Not sure if I’m understanding- are you just defending why someone would bend the truth if they are desperate to be accepted into a playgroup?

mig100

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not sure if I’m understanding- are you just defending why someone would bend the truth if they are desperate to be accepted into a playgroup?

Im Defending a morah for asking whatever she wants and only taking kids who fit her criteria.

They can make criteria as narrow as they want. When u run a business you can choose 2ho you want to service if you are in high demand

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:43 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
There's nothing to be DLZ about, she told me she intentionally didn't do that one!
I call that lying.
Obviously I don't ask kids to get vaccines they're not supposed to have.
The question is actually: "are you up to date in vaccination?"
I dk if you remember but when measles outbreak happened a lot of ppl said they were against that particular vaccine!
Parents AND morahs have a right to be makpid about vaccines!
Whoever doesn't agree can go somewhere else!
Agree completely. Tell me why my DD’s elementary school had kids who didn’t take the vaccine 🙄🙄🙄 I had to run with my little baby to get the vaccine, and in the end he needed an extra one because he was too young for that one to “count” …

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:53 pm
mig100 wrote:
Im Defending a morah for asking whatever she wants and only taking kids who fit her criteria.

They can make criteria as narrow as they want. When u run a business you can choose 2ho you want to service if you are in high demand

Yes agreed!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 3:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Do all legal playgroups require immunization records?

Yes. Or at least they're supposed to- it's a legal requirement. Admittedly, when I signed my baby up for a spot (registered him when he was 3 days old to get a spot when I went back to work at 12 weeks) his vaccine record was empty, and I'm not sure if they'll bother asking me for an updated one other than proof of flu shot once he's 6 months before I reregister him next spring.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:31 am
So in a legal playgroup there are no kids not fully vaccinated? Or they sometimes take exemptions/ look the other way?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:13 am
amother OP wrote:
So in a legal playgroup there are no kids not fully vaccinated? Or they sometimes take exemptions/ look the other way?

Depends how much they follow all the rules vs play games and hope they don't get caught...

If your looking for a place where everyone is vaccinated, you can definitely find- just ask.
If you're hoping you can send to a legal daycare without vaccination, it's definitely very difficult, just sent to a non legal one

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:47 am
Thank you that is helpful

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 1:57 pm
How does one know if a daycare is legal? Are there size requirements?
Other requirements? ( Might work at a dayare and want to know).

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 2:50 pm
Not exactly sure- though you can usually tell from the paperwork- but since you asked about size, that you can check on NJ govt websites where they state the required ratio of staff to children. It differs by age (babies need higher ratio than 4 yr olds for example).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries