Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Davening maariv

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:03 pm
I rarely daven shachris or mincha because I’m busy during the day. At the end of the day when my kids are sleeping, I sometimes daven maariv but I feel funny doing it because I know most women don’t.

Anyone else daven maariv? It’s a lot easier to do than the other tefilos and it’s a naturally reflective time.

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:05 pm
I heard rav yitzchak Berkowitz (a big American posek in yerushalayim) say that a woman can be yotzei her chiyuv of davening every day by davening maariv. So it's not silly at all.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:13 pm
I used to regularly while single and newlywed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:14 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
I heard rav yitzchak Berkowitz (a big American posek in yerushalayim) say that a woman can be yotzei her chiyuv of davening every day by davening maariv. So it's not silly at all.

Wow love that! Thanks for sharing.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:52 pm
I daven maariv every night, no intentional exceptions.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 5:59 am
Since my visit with Rebetzin Kolodetsky tlita,8 or 9 years ago, I daven maariv almost every single night Kh. It’s something I would have thought would have been way too much and not for me,to take on, if I wouldn’t have heard straight from her. Really it’s not more than 6 or 7 minutes a night and BH it’s part of my routine now.
I don’t think it’s as uncommon for women to daven maariv as ppl may think.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 7:23 am
I heard Rena Tarshish speaking about this in a shiur once. A girl she knew was asking someone else (in her presence) about davening Ma'ariv. She began thinking in the direction of the development of tefila and hakachic obligations.

The woman whom the question was addressed to looked at the girl for a moment, and answered very simply. 'Women aren't obligated to, but wgen you have the opportunity, why would you miss that chance for a connection with Hashem?'
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational