Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do you have an at-home exercise routine?

stargazer

Post Fri, Jul 25 2008, 1:36 pm
I am curious to hear from other people who work out at home - what is your routine, how do you keep yourself motivated and find the time, and if you do a video/dvd which ones do you like?
I started doing Leslie Sansone a few months ago and so far I really like it. I do a 45 min workout about 4 times a week.

cassandra

Post Fri, Jul 25 2008, 1:37 pm
I work out on my Wii Fit.

mama-star

Post Fri, Jul 25 2008, 1:57 pm
what's a wii fit???

I have richard simmons videos at home which are so much fun! I just never seem to have the time to do them. I'm thinking about joining a gym just so I get motivated to exercise more.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 25 2008, 2:03 pm
I get up really quickly b/c I have to get the kids off to school. I also do a lot of bendings. Bend down to pick up the baby, get up, bend down to put him down, get up, etc...

cassandra

Post Fri, Jul 25 2008, 2:06 pm
http://www.nintendo.com/wiifit.....UTF-8

PIP

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:27 pm
I have the 10 min solution by Michelle Dozois. it's 5 different 10 minute workouts so you can personalize it to how much time you have. 4 cardio and one w\ weights. She gives great instructions and is easy to follow. It really gets your heart pumping in those 10 minutes, I love it!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:29 pm
I used to do pilates every single day for months until I just stopped. Now I can't get back into it. I do a lot of running up and down stairs. I hope I burn some calories like that.

soldat

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 8:33 pm
I used to
postnatal yoga
baby reps - you do it WITH your baby
then my kids ruined all my dvds - good excuse
I just joined a gym - no babys pulling up on me while I'm stretching

greeneyes

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 10:10 pm
I make sure to exercise 4-5 times a week. My typical workout is a 30 minute walk/jog on my treadmill. Recently I pulled out some exercise videos that I bought years ago, so I've been into that lately.

It's definitely hard to find the time & to stay motivated. There are so many days when I'm exhausted, and I'd rather use my daughter's nap time to relax, but I try to push past that and just do it. I end up feeling great afterwards, even though it's initially difficult.

mama-star

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 9:15 am
thanks for saying that, greeneyes. it's important to remember that we'll feel great, even if we have to push ourselves to do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise