Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m Belz ama….
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 9  10  11  Next

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 12:02 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Obviously your boss our workmates one of the high rollers

Or a hacker LOL

Couldn't have been live.
The codes are only given to very select few. Precisely because they want to minimise people on their computers at home...
Also the whole idea is that we get together and we dance, sing along. Its very nice and a lot of fun.
We gat a small package, with cookies, a bun or roll and a drink for the seuda...
The rebbitzen takes "kvitlech" she vintches and gives brochos.
I was once by her seudah shabbos, she had a whole bunch of Lubavitcher seminary girls. Was beautiful. She sang we want moshiyach now we all sang along. She also stressed that no side hair should be visible. She did not say to shave, she said her father (the Visnitzeh rebbe) said woman should shave.
Also she said that Belz woman should go covered with at least something to show they are married. She was almost crying saying "I once vinched a woman to find her barshert fast, thinking she was still single and I really hope I didn't farsheim her" She was so upset that she made that mistake and hopes that, that woman wasn't embarrassed.
The Rebbitzen is one of a kind.
She rememberes every single person I have no idea HOW. I would approach her and she would say "ah a git shabbos ur the daughter of...." HOW does she know?!
Or If I would tell her, she would say "off course! send your father regards"

Cspybe

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 12:49 pm
I have some belz relatives and wonder why the boys mostly get engaged at 17. Not all of them obviously but it seems pretty common. Is there a reason?

(Asking respectfully, I just find it interesting and a curious)

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
The part about singing is not correct either, the only places that did not sing was London and usa!!

I am belz from London, went to Beis Malka- belz school and we always sang. I never heard of it till now

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:01 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
Do belz men join the IDF ?

Belz men don't join the IDF. learning is very much encouraged. Though someone once asked the Rebbe why in belz they don't have iluyim (bochurim that know all of shas) like in other chassidus the Rebbe answered that belz yeshiva is for Beinonim - it's geared for all the boys.

The Rebbe does encourage some boys in Israel that drop out of Yeshiva to do shirut leumi.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:04 pm
Correct me if I am wrong but the source to not cutting payos is cutting it with a metal scissors something connecting to Yiras shomayim.
Though some people who want to keep the payos short either burn the ends or cut it with a ceramic scissors.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:06 pm
For those saying that the young ones are not connected, it's their choice.
I very much encourage my husband to go to EY somewhere during the year besides for Rosh Hashana just to keep the connection. His homecoming from there does good to all of us.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:06 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Couldn't have been live.
The codes are only given to very select few. Precisely because they want to minimise people on their computers at home...
Also the whole idea is that we get together and we dance, sing along. Its very nice and a lot of fun.
We gat a small package, with cookies, a bun or roll and a drink for the seuda...
The rebbitzen takes "kvitlech" she vintches and gives brochos.
I was once by her seudah shabbos, she had a whole bunch of Lubavitcher seminary girls. Was beautiful. She sang we want moshiyach now we all sang along. She also stressed that no side hair should be visible. She did not say to shave, she said her father (the Visnitzeh rebbe) said woman should shave.
Also she said that Belz woman should go covered with at least something to show they are married. She was almost crying saying "I once vinched a woman to find her barshert fast, thinking she was still single and I really hope I didn't farsheim her" She was so upset that she made that mistake and hopes that, that woman wasn't embarrassed.
The Rebbitzen is one of a kind.
She rememberes every single person I have no idea HOW. I would approach her and she would say "ah a git shabbos ur the daughter of...." HOW does she know?!
Or If I would tell her, she would say "off course! send your father regards"

I ASSURE you that we are all encouraged to watch the wedding live at work. The Belzers come shabbosdig dressed. I suppose our company is one of the "select few". FTR, I am not belz

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
You absolutely cannot watch the wedding live on your own device.

re: Gartel: true for all chasidus but only Belz wears an actual gartel at all times vs. others who may wear their bekitche/rekel belt at times

And yet I have. Not on a personal device. On a big screen at work

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:08 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
I am belz from London, went to Beis Malka- belz school and we always sang. I never heard of it till now

Me neither
we have a annual play in both primary and secondary departments including graduation shows and rosh chodesh choirs. Never heard of not singing before.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:10 pm
Cspybe wrote:
I have some belz relatives and wonder why the boys mostly get engaged at 17. Not all of them obviously but it seems pretty common. Is there a reason?

(Asking respectfully, I just find it interesting and a curious)

My husband got engaged at 19
average is 18 after pesach and 19

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:10 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
And yet I have. Not on a personal device. On a big screen at work

Your boss must be a big "macher" lol

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:11 pm
I dont want to rain on your parade so feel free to ignore if it hurts you ch"v - thats not my intention.
I married Belz Machnovka and gebuinely wondering why there is so much animosity towards our chassides from your end? Like, your Ruv seems to encourage achdus between all yidden yet somehow, were not worthy of your kindness.
To the point where I once redt a shidduch to someone - the girl was belz, an okder girl - around 25-26 yrs old- she came from a very troubled family and was having a very hard time getting engaged. I redt her someone I knew which wd be really passig, but the boys father davens in Belz Machnovka(they're not even fm the chassides, just davens there) she yelled at me that she would rather consider a Ger Tzedek or a Sephardic boy before she wd consider someone from Machnovka.
Needless to say I was left flabbergasted.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:15 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Your boss must be a big "macher" lol

😀

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:19 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
I dont want to rain on your parade so feel free to ignore if it hurts you ch"v - thats not my intention.
I married Belz Machnovka and gebuinely wondering why there is so much animosity towards our chassides from your end? Like, your Ruv seems to encourage achdus between all yidden yet somehow, were not worthy of your kindness.
To the point where I once redt a shidduch to someone - the girl was belz, an okder girl - around 25-26 yrs old- she came from a very troubled family and was having a very hard time getting engaged. I redt her someone I knew which wd be really passig, but the boys father davens in Belz Machnovka(they're not even fm the chassides, just davens there) she yelled at me that she would rather consider a Ger Tzedek or a Sephardic boy before she wd consider someone from Machnovka.

I see it as well and it's upsetting 😔. I'm not belz, not am I a mochnovke chassid bit the animosity is one sided. And obvious. The machnovke Rebbe is a special person and the machnovke people around me seem like regular yidden and wonderful people.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
I see it as well and it's upsetting 😔. I'm not belz, not am I a mochnovke chassid bit the animosity is one sided. And obvious. The machnovke Rebbe is a special person and the machnovke people around me seem like regular yidden and wonderful people.

Thanks! I agree. My husband has zero hatred for the Belz people or the Ruv yet he gets scorned when he's in a group discussion and a Belz guy discovers that my husband is Belz Machnovka. (Intentionally emphasizing Belz Machnovka because they literally wage war we should not be able to call ourselves Belz)
Seriously, I hope things can change. We need Moshiach and we need unity. And yes that should include loving your competition too.

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:35 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Thanks! I agree. My husband has zero hatred for the Belz people or the Ruv yet he gets scorned when he's in a group discussion and a Belz guy discovers that my husband is Belz Machnovka. (Intentionally emphasizing Belz Machnovka because they literally wage war we should not be able to call ourselves Belz)
Seriously, I hope things can change. We need Moshiach and we need unity. And yes that should include loving your competition too.

Oh wow! What part of the world are you? Where I live the machnovke cheder is called Beis aharon dchasidei belz so I didn't know that part. I dont claim to know much about the history at all. But I've seen Belz kids taunting machnovke kids on the road and it broke my heart.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Slategray wrote:

One person told you something and now the entire belz has animosity towards them?

Afaik it's a non-issue for most people. I literally don't anything what happened between the two and I grew up belz. I never heard it discussed growing up. Maybe a few die-hard people are even interested in this. Could be in ey it's different .

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:42 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
One person told you something and now the entire belz has animosity towards them?

Afaik it's a non-issue for most people. I literally don't anything what happened between the two and I grew up belz. I never heard it discussed growing up. Maybe a few die-hard people are even interested in this. Could be in ey it's different .

I'm not in EY and knew what she's referring to because I've seen it. Not among the women though. I have many belz neighbours and the women seem friendly and kind. But I've definitely observed what another slategrey has experienced, and I'm an outsider

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:44 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:

If it helps you feel better about it to pretend it's a non issue, then go ahead.
I was asking OP since this is an AMA thread, why this is so and if there's any way for peace? For the record, we are just as Belz as you. Do you think the Frierdika Ruv is proud about this? There's so much love towards bal tshuvas practiced in Belz, maybe they can extend that love to us as well?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Slategray wrote:

Would you marry someone who might come from a family who openly was against your Rebbe becoming Rebbe?
Page 7 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics