Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
My DH Isn’t Smart and Can’t Find a Job
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
For catering or restaurants, does anyone have any resources or contact information of someone I can reach out to who can help?

Does he know anything about cooking?

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:19 pm
I love the idea of mashgiach! If he has yiras shamayim and he’s reliable that’s what will make him great at it. In some restaurants they are part of kitchen staff. Those jobs probably pay better.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:28 pm
Why is there a passive aggressive person disliking posts on this thread?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:32 pm
It’s very hard for any man without iob training to transition from kollel to the workforce so go easy on him. It’s a process of figuring out what you want to do, how to get training or experience, and then getting a job. No one wants to hire someone with no work experience so he has to be prepared to start for entry level pay and take a job that may be beneath him but with room for growth.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:41 pm
If he is interested in working in hashgacha, he/you may want to call a kashrus agency. In my experience, mashgiach jobs are always in high demand

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
For catering or restaurants, does anyone have any resources or contact information of someone I can reach out to who can help?

This isn't specifically for just the food industry but my husband had a similar situation where he was also driving for Lakeway and it just wasn't working, we were put in touch with Aviva Barash at PCS and after a few months she bh found him a job that is perfectly suited for him (ironically in the food business). I highly recommend reaching out to them, they will also help him polish off his resume etc...

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Why is there a passive aggressive person disliking posts on this thread?

Oh that's just the bully who dislikes all my posts.

Not everyone on Imamother is mentally stable.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:11 pm
OP contact PCS.
I know of a bunch of guys similar to your husband who got jobs from PCS. One of my friends husband has a crazy stutter, he barely could read/write and when you talk to him, he appears to be very slow. And he kept on getting rejected from every single job he applied to. PCS found him a job as a entry level masgiach, and he is doing so well bH!

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:16 pm
OP, just wanted to say, I know a lot of not such smart people that do really well in business and jobs. Having a job and parnossah is not related to brains. And, I'm sure your dh has certain smarts about him, just not the ones that you noticed yet. I hope that he finds something that suits him. Bhatzlocha

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:57 pm
If he's willing to work hard, he can be a bus driver and make really decent money.
Jay, Presidential and HT all have more than enough work and a good, hard-working driver can make $1200-$1400 a week average.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:00 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Not everyone on Imamother is mentally stable.

removed

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:04 pm
Maybe call KCL to see how to become a mashgiach

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:07 pm
My boys yeshiva has male classroom assts for the first few grades. They work with the rebbeim. If this exists in lakewood schools maybe its a good starting place to get some work experience and figure out what he wants to do next.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:11 pm
Is he good with his hands ? Is he able read ?
I have a friends whose husband couldn’t read until after high school and is a highly successful plumber . FYI and for other people there are vocational schools and yeshivas that train boys men to become air conditioner and appliance repair men, plumbers, cooks , and other applicable fields.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:16 pm
As a recruiter who works with a lot of jobs in Lakewood, there are way more jobs for women than men and it's just not a very good market right now.

So his not finding a job doesn't necessarily reflect on him

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 1:27 pm
There are many types of "smart". I'm sure he has some type of smart qualities. He may be street smart and not book smart or book smart and not socially smart. It's not nice to say he's not smart....
My dh is very street smart but not at all book smart. Bh he has a great job. He should really go to a career person and see what his strengths are and then look for something in those fields.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:42 pm
look thru the classifieds on the BP weekly, the Voice ect.

Online:
https://macherusa.com/jewish-jobs/g?e_id=29#f
LinkedIn

There are lots of jobs that don't need tons of intellectual smarts, if you dont mind it not having a certain "prestige". Property Management, Construction sites management, Warehouse Management, are things that a person with a strong work can make a very nice salary eventually, but you need to start entry level.

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:51 pm
I have a few nephews who didn't make it through high school and they've done really well. One has a construction company, one is a musician...
What about photography or videography?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:57 pm
I run a food place and we have people all the time coming in with CVs. If we happen to be looking for someone and it looks like a good fit we might hire them.

So write up a CV and drop them off at all the resturants/cafes/delis in town. Also look up catering companies and email to them.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 2:59 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
As a recruiter who works with a lot of jobs in Lakewood, there are way more jobs for women than men and it's just not a very good market right now.

So his not finding a job doesn't necessarily reflect on him

What jobs can only women do? Wet nurse? Surrogate mother? Teachers in girls schools? What else?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics