Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cleveland Realtors
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:54 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
I recommended ruti wolf or gavi septon for realtor, but perhaps ruti wolf would be better in terms of figuring out things with you re renting it out.

The houses sitting in CH either have a real issue (structural, size, or location) or were put on the market after it was over..the heat of the market here is between purim and pesach until July. A house that went up July or Aug isn't getting sold as fast. Most houses that are on. the market that get bought are purchased earlier so families can move in.

Otherwise, new houses come on the market or people share word of mouth and they are gone before you even hear Abt them. There can still be bidding wars here.

Ok, you really want to buy now.
I do recommend you DO NOT buy without coming and seeing the house. Here are some examples of why:

Ex:
One of the new families did that- had people look at the house, give their opinion on location... But they didn't tell her that the house reeked of smoke.

Ex-
Some families buy as fast as they could, where they could afford, on one of the blocks mentioned... But even though it's not far out, it IS. They are chutz lamachaneh by 700 feet (I'm not exaggerating).
You don't really understand the nuances of the blocks until you've lived here for a year.

Ex-
Realtors (or anyone!) take pictures that make houses look big when they really are not.

For all these reasons, and I'm sure we can entertain more, not only would I not recommend buying sight unseen in person, but I wld recommend renting for s year first

Thanks for this.
Are plan is to fly in to see before closing, and we davka want to wait for the right property to come up, which is why we want to start looking before we move in. As long as the rent covers the mortgage (looking on zillow it should) we are only gaining by buying now, and not waiting.
What you are saying makes sense - the properties I have seen that are sitting went up in september/October, so that would explain it....

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:10 am
Good luck!
Looking forward to meeting you eventually!

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 9:18 am
Just checked Zillow
There are only 7 houses for sale within the frum neighborhood.
I can give you simple reasons why they aren't selling, off the top of my head-
Location, price, size.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:22 am
I have seen houses on zillow advertised as larger than they really are. Make sure to check the county website for more accurate measurements.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 12:43 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Just checked Zillow
There are only 7 houses for sale within the frum neighborhood.
I can give you simple reasons why they aren't selling, off the top of my head-
Location, price, size.

Yes - haven't seen anything attractive yet - and I didn't see 7, only 5.
But I have a feeling that some of the options that have been sitting may be open to lower offers after have sitting for a while, which can make it worthwhile. And if not now, then maybe eventually something else will come up.

Just trying to get a feel for the market so we can move quickly when the right thing comes up....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating