Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Acknowledgment means so much!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:22 pm
I went to the bank today at around 415 pm to deposit cash in the ATM. I had never gone to this bank before on a Sunday, and when I arrived at the ATM vestibule, a middle aged security guard opened the door and greeted me with "how are you doing today?" As I got in line I said "I'm good, thanks." Something made me turn back to him and add "I really appreciate you being here." He stopped dead in his tracks and said, "you're the first person this whole weekend to say that. That means so much to me."

He ended up telling me a bit about his background of 11 years in the US army, and his work in security since then. He repeated a few times how much he enjoys working with the Jewish community, and providing security at synagogues.

Anyway, I had a really rough weekend, personally. Knowing that I uplifted another person and made him feel valued through my very simple, sincere acknowledgement was really a bright spot in my day. Something so simple, yet it meant so much to both of us.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:25 pm
thank you for the reminder. I always tell the mikva secretary and mikva ladies thanks for being here, especially on harder nights, like motsai shabos, close to yom tov, and the like. I can tell they really appreciate it.

NechaMom

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:25 pm
That’s what we call a kiddush Hashem! Wow!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational