Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My son can’t walk suddenly- update pg4
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 3:09 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Be on top of the ibuprofen because it doesn't only help for the pain but for the inflammation too. Several of my kids had synovitis but the pain never got so bad.

Good to know thank you. Yes, the Dr said to use it over paracetamol. How often did you give it? I’m wary to give it too much because I know it’s not great for kids.

He was acting really strange one hour after taking it, bumping his head into me and my husband and rolling on the floor.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 3:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Good to know thank you. Yes, the Dr said to use it over paracetamol. How often did you give it? I’m wary to give it too much because I know it’s not great for kids.

He was acting really strange one hour after taking it, bumping his head into me and my husband and rolling on the floor.

It is perfectly safe for kids to have ibuprofen for a few days. Even round the clock.
My kid has a chronic inflammatory condition. At times when it flares, she takes ibuprofen for 4-5 round the clock. I was concerned due to the warnings on the bottle, her Pediatrician explained that the warning is so that you don't ignore the situation. Like if a kid has strep and you just give Tylenol and motring for 5 days and not abx. Or some other issue.
So they write the warning to see a doctor. But it is perfectly safe for the body to take it for longer.

I know someone with same condition who takes neproxen (also nsaid) 2x every day for 2 years now. Keeps the inflammation away. And doesn't need steariods. Never hand an issue with it.

One of my kids used to act extremely hyper when taking motrin as a toddler. (Same kid as I mentioned above) It can happen.

Refuah Sheleima to your son.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 3:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes I need to give him ibuprofen (Motrin). They gave him in the hospital and he started acting loopy though but his gait improved almost immediately.

I don't know why Motrin would make him loopy? My pediatrician is very hesitant about medications and he recommended that I give it every 6-8 hours until symptoms resolved. It wasn't only for pain, the Motrin actually helps the synovitis by reducing the inflammation.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics