Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Candied Pecans

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 1:19 pm
These turned out great - wonderful nosh or would make a lovely offering

Candied Pecans

Once Upon A Chef

These candied pecans are perfect to serve with cocktails or toss over salads, and the best part is they take just 15 minutes to make!

Servings: Makes 2 cups

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes

INGREDIENTS

½ cup Confectioners' sugar
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons water
2 cups pecans

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper - I used heavy duty tin foil

In a medium bowl, whisk together the Confectioners' sugar, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, and water.

Add the pecans to the sugar mixture and stir until the nuts are evenly coated.

Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Do your best to make sure the nuts are evenly spread out (if they are clumped together, they won't cook evenly). Scrape out every last bit of glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the nuts. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the pecans are caramelized and the caramel on the baking sheet is a rich brown color but not burnt. (The nuts around the edges will darken first; watch closely so they don't burn.)

Immediately slide the parchment off of the hot baking sheet and allow the pecans to cool completely on the countertop (this stops the cooking process and prevents the nuts from burning). Once cool, remove the pecans from the parchment, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

Note: If the nuts are sticky after cooling, that means they are a bit undercooked. Pop them back in the oven for a few minutes and let cool again.

hodeez

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 1:21 pm
Yum do you think it would be ok without the cayenne?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 1:22 pm
What is confectioners sugar? Powder sugar?

Amarante

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 1:23 pm
hodeez wrote:
Yum do you think it would be ok without the cayenne?

I think it would too cloyingly sweet - it would be like leaving salt out entirely in a recipe.

These are not spicy - the amount of cayenne is tiny in terms of the ingredients.

But of course you can alter a recipe to your taste.

I have a vey good rosemary nut recipe as well which I can look up if you are interested.

hodeez

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 1:23 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
What is confectioners sugar? Powder sugar?

Ya

hodeez

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 1:25 pm
Amarante wrote:
I think it would too cloyingly sweet - it would be like leaving salt out entirely in a recipe.

These are not spicy - the amount of cayenne is tiny in terms of the ingredients.

But of course you can alter a recipe to your taste.

I have a vey good rosemary nut recipe as well which I can look up if you are interested.

Let me try this first with some walnuts I've had in my pantry seemingly since the dawn of time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins