Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Anyone have Amish costumes?
Previous  1  2

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:01 pm
meyerlemon44 wrote:
Do you guys like it when people dress up as Jews with cheesy peyos?

Do you see peyos as cheesy? Because you are the one being offensive. That sounds like you view it as a negative. Maybe think about that.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:25 pm
sara1232 wrote:
Idk what's happened to this website. It's full of libs patrolling and looking for things to be offended by.

I know!! I find it rather annoying. Can we just talk freely? Feel free to share your opinion, but I don't need to make it mine Smile

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:25 pm
newlywed5 wrote:
They are Mennonites not Amish...

Yes, I made that correction. I guess we were Mennonites then! Just trying to help OP find the costumes.

meyerlemon44

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:45 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Do you see peyos as cheesy? Because you are the one being offensive. That sounds like you view it as a negative. Maybe think about that.

It’s cheesy when someone who doesn’t have peyos puts two nylon slinkies on the side of their head and dances around with a bottle on their head because the only thing they know about Jews is clips from Fiddler on the Roof, yes.

I don’t care about cultural appropriation. I just think it’s disrespectful to wear people’s religious costumes as a joke.

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:51 pm
meyerlemon44 wrote:
It’s cheesy when someone who doesn’t have peyos puts two nylon slinkies on the side of their head and dances around with a bottle on their head because the only thing they know about Jews is clips from Fiddler on the Roof, yes.

I don’t care about cultural appropriation. I just think it’s disrespectful to wear people’s religious costumes as a joke.

Do you think when people dress up as celebrities or characters it’s meant as a joke? It’s meant as someone they find cool or look up to. So why would you think Amish or Jews are in a different category?

sara1232

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 3:54 pm
meyerlemon44 wrote:

Are you opposed to Muslim costumes also?

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 4:38 pm
Or lev tahor, chassidim, IDF, kibbutniks, police officers, doctors, zoo keepers, any disney characters?

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:29 pm
Bumping this up? Anyone know how the 3 year old Amish or menonite boys wear?

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 12:13 am
amother Mintcream wrote:
Bumping this up? Anyone know how the 3 year old Amish or menonite boys wear?

I just discovered this website https://www.amishclothesline.c.....rens/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics