Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
I'm extremely disappointed in our system
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:18 pm
tryinghard wrote:
They aren’t mutually exclusive: it is entirely possible (and not unlikely) to have overpaid administrators and underpaid teachers.
Fundraisers are an easy way to squander money, depending on how things are managed.
And there can be no more physical space.

I have bh not encountered schools where fundraising money was recklessly used and administration vs teaching staff were paid disproportionately.
Physical space is a huge issue but if people aren't paying tuition and not willing to fundraise, physical space issues can't be solved.
I've been privy to probably a dozen schools (all oot though) and their financial budgets.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:21 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I have bh not encountered schools where fundraising money was recklessly used and administration vs teaching staff were paid disproportionately.
Physical space is a huge issue but if people aren't paying tuition and not willing to fundraise, physical space issues can't be solved.
I've been privy to probably a dozen schools (all oot though) and their financial budgets.

It's easier to make up stuff about in town schools than out of town schools, which are more integrated into the community.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 9:22 pm
Also, this is my spin off of this thread
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....44925

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 10:20 pm
There are so many issues with schooling today. We can't blame one group.
1. Some people are making too much money in Education. When you raise tuition but a principal can take his whole family to EY for Pesach... something isn't right.
2. Teachers and staff can be underpaid. Maybe they need to be given more hours so that an increase in salary will help (because they can't expect 100,000 a year when they only teach 3-4 hours a day).
3. Because of #2 they can't get enough teachers to open schools.
4. Because of 1-4 we don't have enough schools.
5. Because of peer pressure we have decided some schools are better than others, my kid can't go to X school...
6. Because of sinas chinam and LH we have kids who can't get in anywhere.
7. Because of high tuition costs parents are strapped and stressed. And have to work longer hours. Which means more reliance on teachers and schools to help with different issues....
8. Some wealthy people don't prioritize schools for various reasons. For one Not enough pomp or kavod. Especially girls schools. Or maybe they have Bad feelings about how they were treated in school... think of the beautiful parades for hachnasas sefer Torahs... vs someone who donates an office at the local BY. Is anything really done?
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics