Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Share your 'dysfunction'!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:19 pm
I let my 6 year old watch or play games on the tablet while I work at home or when I need space. Happens way too often and she's glued to the screen Sad

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:22 am
Busybee5 wrote:
My very British grandmother did this (maybe she still does!) May she live until 120. It's an old lady thing as far as I know!

Yup I'm the one who said I do this.
I'm British as were my mum and grandma.

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:06 am
amother Jean wrote:
Don't mean to be a party pooper, but I actually hate when parents let their children disturb the peace like this. Jewish, not Jewish. Whether it's a tablet, music player, video or game.

If it's a situation where I can just pass by, that's one thing. But if I'm in a restaurant or airplane.... Banging head

Headphones people. Headphones.

Yeah so far it's never been in a restaurant or on a plane. For the plane he watched on a tablet. If it's in and out of shops or to school pick up then I just let him. I often tell him to turn the volume down, and he listens for the most part Wink

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:07 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Yup I'm the one who said I do this.
I'm British as were my mum and grandma.

Interesting Smile

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 7:37 am
I never serve a main when we have no guests but I never considered it dysfunctional even in a joking way, just practical.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:12 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Oh God. We need a spinoff. Who else suffers from that while pregnant?

yes yes. the pain is out of control. Only type of real dysfunction on this thread if you ask me!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:25 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
yes yes. the pain is out of control. Only type of real dysfunction on this thread if you ask me!

I'll 3rd this. someone just told me if I stop nursing clean it opens up the possibility for other good things. Wink I wanted to tell her chas v'shalom not yet emotionally recovered from the last pregnancy. but she would be horrified so kept my mouth shut. LOL

Busybee5

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:02 pm
My teen son did my daughter's homework with her this evening! It was great to get out of it for the evening.

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 7:15 pm
I don’t always change the bath water if my baby peed in it TMI

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 7:29 pm
I arrange spices in alphabetical order and I refuse to apologize for that.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 8:22 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
My very British grandmother did this (maybe she still does!) May she live until 120. It's an old lady thing as far as I know!

Lol my mother's British and I thought it was awful growing up but now I do it too!

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:53 pm
I give my kids baths as an activity and let the water run for 45 min sometimes. It's our indoor pool. All 3 take a bath together. I let them sleep in their clothes if they want to. Not worth the fight. I give my 5 yr old 1/3 mg melatonin bc I can't handle him by bedtime. Hmm oh I let my kids raid the candy closet in the am so I can sleep in

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:29 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I'll 3rd this. someone just told me if I stop nursing clean it opens up the possibility for other good things. Wink I wanted to tell her chas v'shalom not yet emotionally recovered from the last pregnancy. but she would be horrified so kept my mouth shut. LOL

Lol! I'm nearly 2 years pp and still so awfully traumatized 😳! The pain was absolutely unbearable! Think I'll ever be ready for more kids?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Lol my mother's British and I thought it was awful growing up but now I do it too!

I'm another Brit who does this. I never knew that this was a British thing.
Any other nationality out there who stuffs their hanky, thats tissues, up their sleeves? I always thought it was the correct thing to do.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:42 pm
I pick my nose if it's bothering me and I cant find a tissue or napkin [only when I think noone is looking]

lately I'm farting way too much and wish I knew how to stop

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:55 pm
I gave up on keeping linen on mine and DHs beds. Between the fact that the mattresses themselves are slippery and all of the humans that come into our beds it's just not worth trying to keep it on.

I basically have a very weak sense of smell, but when it becomes a problem I will either spray with baking soda and water or the like or just replace the mattress (which due to my specific circumstances isn't hard to do).
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics