Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Another filter question - techloq?
Previous  1  2

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Can one user be set to literally everything but outright prn?

(Note - I would love a middle ground where sensitive content is blocked but can easily be overridden temporarily with a password, but if it's going to be a pain each time, I'd prefer it open. I shop at night when there's no support)

Would love to have this for Techloq! Sometimes a request is rejected for what seems to be no good reason and I still want to access it...

Techloq IT

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:57 am
So Basiccly, if some comes to Techloq directly without going under a reseller they would have an option of setting up a very light filter, taking into account the many different people using it.
About having a middle ground I think the best for you would be to have the second user option.
There are other options for people looking for more restricted style like Techloq Shmira

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 11:59 am
Techloq IT wrote:
So Basiccly, if some comes to Techloq directly without going under a reseller they would have an option of setting up a very light filter, taking into account the many different people using it.
About having a middle ground I think the best for you would be to have the second user option.
There are other options for people looking for more restricted style like Techloq Shmira

So if I set up Techloq directly I won't have issues that things are blocked?

Interesting idea to have two users... not sure if I want to pay for that though.

Techloq IT

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 12:14 pm
If you go to Techloq directly and ensure that you filled out the setup form correctly you shouldn't have any problems.
About paying for it, if you anyway have 2 or more paid devices under your account it will not cost anything.
FYI, the way Techloq works is we have a list of categories, these categories can be allowed or blocked based on preference.
We do not label the site with it's category ourselves we use a very advanced third party cyber security company to inform us which category a site is, this helps us to be up to date with all new sites coming out every single day.
They can make mistakes on their end eg having a shopping site rated as gambling this would result in the site being blocked for the end user as our system thinks it's a gambling site.
These mistakes doen't happen often and are usually rectified after customers report it.

There is another layer of filter we call "Offensive Text" this is an additional layer of filtering that would look into a site even so it's opened and would filter it according.
Example if you have wallmart opened under shopping category when you visit Lingerie it would still be blocked by the OT filter.
You can request to have the Offensive Text filter removed for Lingerie and Womens health if the customer is not under a reseller where it would need their approval.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 1:58 pm
Techloq IT wrote:
If you go to Techloq directly and ensure that you filled out the setup form correctly you shouldn't have any problems.
About paying for it, if you anyway have 2 or more paid devices under your account it will not cost anything.
FYI, the way Techloq works is we have a list of categories, these categories can be allowed or blocked based on preference.
We do not label the site with it's category ourselves we use a very advanced third party cyber security company to inform us which category a site is, this helps us to be up to date with all new sites coming out every single day.
They can make mistakes on their end eg having a shopping site rated as gambling this would result in the site being blocked for the end user as our system thinks it's a gambling site.
These mistakes doen't happen often and are usually rectified after customers report it.

There is another layer of filter we call "Offensive Text" this is an additional layer of filtering that would look into a site even so it's opened and would filter it according.
Example if you have wallmart opened under shopping category when you visit Lingerie it would still be blocked by the OT filter.
You can request to have the Offensive Text filter removed for Lingerie and Womens health if the customer is not under a reseller where it would need their approval.

If I have a techloq filter through tag can I contact you to filter the item directly?
I would really like a more customized filter. It’s really annoying when you try to shop for a bathing suit for a two year old and are restricted.

Techloq IT

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:39 pm
Sure you can contact us, in general we like when requests are done through the blockage.
On the block page you can request the whole category to be open.
Note: Some Tag resellers have an added policy we call "restricted reseller", in a scenario where a customer is under a restricted reseller we will not be able to make the changes unless we get authorisation from them.
You can Ask your Tag agent when you sign up if they are a restricted reseller.
You can also request to move from one reseller to another later on but if you are under a restricted reseller we will again need to inform them that that you moved away.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:47 pm
So your bathing suits were blocked? How come mine were not? I wanted them blocked.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:09 pm
Techloq IT wrote:
Sure you can contact us, in general we like when requests are done through the blockage.
On the block page you can request the whole category to be open.
Note: Some Tag resellers have an added policy we call "restricted reseller", in a scenario where a customer is under a restricted reseller we will not be able to make the changes unless we get authorisation from them.
You can Ask your Tag agent when you sign up if they are a restricted reseller.
You can also request to move from one reseller to another later on but if you are under a restricted reseller we will again need to inform them that that you moved away.

Does that mean that ex your kids school knows what you are accessing? That sounds like a real breach of confidentiality.

Techloq IT

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 5:54 pm
In response to the question about kids school knowing what you are accessing.
I'm not sure what you are relating to kids school, if a customer signs up under a reseller then yes the reseller will know what sites are open on that account.
That's the whole point of the reseller, when someone comes to us directly then no we will not share any details with anyone outside the company even if a school reaches out to us we will not even comment if such a customer exists, however when someone signs up to be under a reseller then yes the reseller will have access to his account and will know which sites are open and closed.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 1:10 pm
Whats happening with the recent problems techloq is having which is happening again and agian affecting my Internet being down???

Techloq IT

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 12:46 pm
There has been a failure in one of our Data centers, our technical department is working on resolving this issue

HakarasHatov

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:53 pm
Is Techloq just for computers or phones too?

Einikel

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 11:59 pm
HakarasHatov wrote:
Is Techloq just for computers or phones too?

They recently started doing Android phones I believe
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics