Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Traveling with twin babies
Previous  1  2  3

imaima

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much all for your response! I still don't know what to do.
I'm travelling a short flight with the twins.
I have 2 doonas and I have a valco slim.
My babies are 7 months old, and they are very happy in the doonas, but once we get there I would rather have a regular stroller which is way sturdier, better for sleeping, can handle bags etc.
But I definitely don't think it makes sense to take everything.
Am I better off just taking the valco and leaving the doonas?
Or should I not even risk ruining the valco?
Btw, the doonas are the immitation ones. Does that make a difference?
If I buy something new, what would you suggest?
If you think I should borrow, what would you suggest?

Take a stroller and two baby carriers. You want to minimize the number of items too because there is always so much stuff with babies. Leave the stroller at the gate, walk in with babies in carriers. Have them in your lap. Give them to other adults in your company when you need to use the bathroom or eat. Wear them to leave the plane.
If you need carseats more, then check in doonas (don’t buy seats for babies), and use them in your trip.

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:07 pm
Anything you travel with can potentially get ruined. Unless you keep it with you at all times, like buying seats and using the doona on the plane. But I take whatever I need for my trip, which usually means car seats for car travel and a stroller for getting around. Also, don't count on a bassinet. Maybe you'll have one available, maybe you won't. As long as the seatbelt sign is on, the baby will have to be on your lap. And they won't allow more than one baby in the bassinet.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 12:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much all for your response! I still don't know what to do.
I'm travelling a short flight with the twins.
I have 2 doonas and I have a valco slim.
My babies are 7 months old, and they are very happy in the doonas, but once we get there I would rather have a regular stroller which is way sturdier, better for sleeping, can handle bags etc.
But I definitely don't think it makes sense to take everything.
Am I better off just taking the valco and leaving the doonas?
Or should I not even risk ruining the valco?
Btw, the doonas are the immitation ones. Does that make a difference?
If I buy something new, what would you suggest?
If you think I should borrow, what would you suggest?

Oh my if the Doonas are imitations I would not take them as your kids might be safer without them. Imitation Doonas are super unsafe and not crash tested properly. I’d advise you to stop using them and switch them to regular car seats in your car already. You can use them for walking though.

Also for safety your kids would definitely be safer strapped into a car seat on the plane in case of turbulence, if not then at least baby wear them.

According to all car seat companies checking in car seats under the plane unless in a special bag made by the same company (not all have them) is equivalent to the car seat being in a car crash and many times need to be replaced, I would be even more terrified with imitations.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:11 pm
another twin mom here. be aware that if you decide to do both babies on lap, not all airlines allow 2 lap babies per row. we had that and only found out when we boarded the plane. it was a short flight and we thought it's not worth it to buy seats for them. when we flew there it worked out well, but the way back (same airline but just a mean stewardess.. on united airlines) they did not allow DH and me on same row if we both had lap babies. claimed not enough oxygen masks per row.. so they split us up and not even one row behind the other but 2 other ends. and because we were not prepared for this, we had 1 carryon with the babies snacks and all food, and the other with diapers wipes and pacis. and we were split up without time to figure it out, so one of us ate the whole way with a stinky diaper baby and the other had a squeaky clean but starving baby lol. thank god it was a short flight.
if you decide on 2 lap babies, prepare a seperate knapsack for each adult, and pack each with the essentials just in case.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more