Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Poll: Do you have triplets/Quadruplets/Quintuplets
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Do You have
Triplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Triplets - with fertility treatments  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Quadruplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quadruplets - with fertility treatments  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quintuplets - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quintuplets - with fertility treatments  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Started a higher order pregnancy and then lost one or more - natural (no fertility treatments)  
 3%  [ 2 ]
Started a higher order pregnancy and then lost one or more - Fertility treatments  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Always wished to have higher order multiples  
 84%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 58

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:33 am
amother Salmon wrote:
I was in seminary with 2 girls that were quints with 3 boys. They are from Toronto and we are in our 30’s. 😃

Was great being in seminary with you Smile

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:40 am
I have a cousin that has twins, a singleton and quads!

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 8:41 am
I have a cousin that has identical triplets.
Had them within a year of getting married.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 9:21 am
Most higher multiple births nowadays (triplets or more) are specifically not from fertility treatments. It's a genetic condition to ovulate more than one egg per cycle, which is why often there will be several multiples within the same family - and why cousins might have it, etc.
If you're doing fertility treatments, you are monitored to make sure that you're not ovulating too many eggs so that it's safer. With IVF, most centers nowadays will transfer a maximum of 2 embryos. In some countries they'll only transfer one. Of course, that embryo can split, but that will make identical twins which is much more rare.
Personally, I know loads more people with multiples who did not do fertility treatments. I know a lot of ppl who did do treatments (we waited about 7 years so got to know lots of ppl) and very few of them have twins.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:09 am
This is so so interesting to me since I myself have a set of natural quadruplets. Since we had them I have gotten to know several other sets and heard about other sets from many people. It almost started feeling like this wasn't so rare. Also, when my set were born, it felt like the entire world heard about us. Seems people have their one or two sets that they know (or know of). Probably many are the same.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:12 am
There’s an Instagram @helloqaudruplets. I thought she had quints till she mentioned a single one and quads. The singleton looks the same age as the quads.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:13 am
amother OP wrote:
This is so so interesting to me since I myself have a set of natural quadruplets. Since we had them I have gotten to know several other sets and heard about other sets from many people. It almost started feeling like this wasn't so rare. Also, when my set were born, it felt like the entire world heard about us. Seems people have their one or two sets that they know (or know of). Probably many are the same.

Was your story in the Ami?
I can’t remember names tbh but after I had my twins. The twin WhatsApp was buzzing that someone had quads. 2 sets of identical twins.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:20 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Was your story in the Ami?
I can’t remember names tbh but after I had my twins. The twin WhatsApp was buzzing that someone had quads. 2 sets of identical twins.

No

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
No

Right only after I posted I realized it’s not you because they did treatment and you bh natural.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:11 pm
OP you didn't vote in your poll!

Did you have a lot of help when your quads were born? How far in advance did you know?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:19 pm
I teach in a boys preschool. We have a set of quads and a set of triplets & a few sets of twins. Also two boys are first cousins, their fathers are two from a set of quads.

My username lol.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:20 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
OP you didn't vote in your poll!

Did you have a lot of help when your quads were born? How far in advance did you know?

She also didn’t put a twins option.
How do you know she didn’t vote?

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:23 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
She also didn’t put a twins option.
How do you know she didn’t vote?

OP said she has natural quads, and nobody voted for that option.

Twins are so common, she was probably looking for higher order multiples.

Triplets are also not AS rare, I know four sets. Quads, quintuplets and up are far more unusual.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:57 pm
Yes I know about my set but I wanted to see others that's why I didn't vote. And like the previous poster said, I know many sets of twins (still huge bracha) but I didn't want this poll to get bogged down with all the sets of twins people have.
Yes I had a lot of help BH. Yes I knew about them in advance (this is not 50 years ago lol)

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:02 pm
I am part of a quad!! From this thread it seems like it's more common than I thought.

galpal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:06 pm
I do not

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes I know about my set but I wanted to see others that's why I didn't vote. And like the previous poster said, I know many sets of twins (still huge bracha) but I didn't want this poll to get bogged down with all the sets of twins people have.
Yes I had a lot of help BH. Yes I knew about them in advance (this is not 50 years ago lol)

That’s why I as a twin mom did not vote so that’s why I asked about the results which I can’t see even when I press see results.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:07 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Most higher multiple births nowadays (triplets or more) are specifically not from fertility treatments. It's a genetic condition to ovulate more than one egg per cycle, which is why often there will be several multiples within the same family - and why cousins might have it, etc.
If you're doing fertility treatments, you are monitored to make sure that you're not ovulating too many eggs so that it's safer. With IVF, most centers nowadays will transfer a maximum of 2 embryos. In some countries they'll only transfer one. Of course, that embryo can split, but that will make identical twins which is much more rare.
Personally, I know loads more people with multiples who did not do fertility treatments. I know a lot of ppl who did do treatments (we waited about 7 years so got to know lots of ppl) and very few of them have twins.

With IVF higher order multiples are more rare than they used to be. They’re still more common with other fertility meds and treatments.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:08 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
With IVF higher order multiples are more rare than they used to be. They’re still more common with other fertility meds and treatments.

I’vf only allows to transfer 1 embryo.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:29 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:

Clomid is notorious for resulting in multiples.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more