Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ozempic and Breastfeeding

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:50 am
Can you do Ozempic while breastfeeding?

For weight loss is there a way insurance would approve it if so is there a specific bmi you have to be or anyone obese is considered eligible?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:49 am
Officially you need to be prediabetic and most severely obese people are. If you are actually diabetic they will tell you to take it when breastfeeding but if not they will not recommend even though it is 99% safe.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:11 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Officially you need to be prediabetic and most severely obese people are. If you are actually diabetic they will tell you to take it when breastfeeding but if not they will not recommend even though it is 99% safe.

About the safety is another issue because I recently saw lawsuits already in the works.

But I’m so fat and frustrated!! 😔 😔

It sounds like a dream.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:13 am
amother OP wrote:
About the safety is another issue because I recently saw lawsuits already in the works.

It sounds like a dream.

If you already suspect that we do not yet understand if this drug is safe, why would you take the chance and use it? And why would you chance passing it along to your newborn?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:24 am
DrMom wrote:
If you already suspect that we do not yet understand if this drug is safe, why would you take the chance and use it? And why would you chance passing it along to your newborn?

I want to know what the drs are saying but I probably won’t end up doing it for this reason.

It’s discouraging to struggle with no major weight loss and hate waking up to see my reflection in the mirror.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:48 am
My endocrinologist said absolutely not until I'm done breastfeeding.

Also, it's not uncommon to be unable to lose weight while breastfeeding, so you may have to table the idea of any weight loss regardless of method the time being. Breastfeeding isn't forever, you'll work on the weight when you can.

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:55 am
amother Jean wrote:

Also, it's not uncommon to be unable to lose weight while breastfeeding, so you may have to table the idea of any weight loss regardless of method the time being. Breastfeeding isn't forever, you'll work on the weight when you can.

I was also told not to take Wegovy while breastfeeding. I didn’t start until my baby was weaned.

I took Wegovy and my insurance required a BMI over 30 for approval.. Not sure if other insurers might be different.

There’s also still a major shortage so even if you’re able to get prescribed you might not be able to find Sad

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:21 am
amother Jean wrote:

Same here!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:25 am
amother OP wrote:

It sounds like a dream.

If it sounds like a dream you may not be realistic about the side effects

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:25 am
There are serious side affects to obesity too. Which are a lot less rare these drugs. That’s why they do a cost benefit analysis. Personally I’m on it with a 2 year old who refuses to wean. He actually started eating a lot more since I started. I needed to loose 50 lbs. I lost 20 in 3 months. I will stay on it until I lose another 10 iyh. I’m not trying to get skinny I just want to be healthy. I don’t take the highest dose because the side affects are hard enough and I’m scared of it more serious. . An average of one a week I’m up all night with diarrhea and nausea (sometimes from overeating sometimes the constipation messes me up)

machsheifa

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:04 am
From what I’ve seen online, it seems that if it’s an injection, it does not pass to the baby. I’m assuming doctors are advising against because it’s a new drug and they want to be on the safe side.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise