Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ozempic, obesity, and Oprah
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:08 pm
https://www.dailywire.com/news.....proof

One thing I would phrase differently is that obesity can come from underlying issues like PCOS or thyroid issues. But obesity in USA is higher than anywhere else so it begs the question of why and why do so many people suffer from pcos and thyroid issues in America vs other places.

Why are people jumping to Ozempic, and experimental drug with so little science and research done?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/virtually-every-medical-expert-is-lying-to-you-about-obesity-heres-the-proof

One thing I would phrase differently is that obesity can come from underlying issues like PCOS or thyroid issues. But obesity in USA is higher than anywhere else so it begs the question of why and why do so many people suffer from pcos and thyroid issues in America vs other places.

Why are people jumping to Ozempic, and experimental drug with so little science and research done?

I couldn't read the whole article but personally, I wouldn't take anything Matt Walsh has to say about this seriously. He is so bull-headed and narrow minded.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:40 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I couldn't read the whole article but personally, I wouldn't take anything Matt Walsh has to say about this seriously. He is so bull-headed and narrow minded.

I agree he can be very black-and-white and sometimes unrealistic. But I think he’s right about this.
Oprah was part of the WW community for so long until she started taking Ozempic, denying that she’s taking it, and then made a 180 and left WW to pursue Ozempic.
I don’t understand why anyone would take a drug that has potential side effects that are unknown.
I understand the temptation because I am overweight and have disordered eating which Makes Ozempic all the more tempting.

lamplighter

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:46 pm
People are desperate to lose weight for various reasons, losing weight is HARD and the statistics stink. Between ,93-98% of people who lose weight regain it plus more within 2-5 years. Do that 4,5,6 times and see how demoralizing it is.
This medication is a diabetes medication and it has been studied. How extensive or how long term the studies are, I do not know but I totally get it.
With her billions of dollars Oprah still suffered like the rest of us, and is happy to not have to struggle any more.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:00 pm
Ozempic is a very well researched and old medicine . It is only recently used for weight loss, but very conserving health care providers are prescribing this. I finally started it after being so nervous - but I’m happy I finally did.

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:29 pm
A drug will never create a healthier society and as long as the US keeps putting [the food] industry over the health and wellbeing of its citizens we will be the leading nation in obesity and all its related ills.

Bleemee

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:31 pm
Can you explain about the food industry being prioritized?

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:34 pm
Bleemee wrote:
Can you explain about the food industry being prioritized?
Allowing toxic ultra processed foods to be sold, allowing toxins in food that are banned in other countries, allowing marketing of processed toxic foods to be marketed to children.

And yes I know at some point it's up to individuals to make good choices but our food supply and food culture is so corrupted from the bottom up that it's really really really hard to raise healthy humans.

And it's not just the food industry. Other industries produce toxins as well that are endocrine disruptions, gut microbiome damages etc which all feed into this health crisis we have.

But instead of going back to basics, government will approve and even pay for risky drug treatments that pumps more money into these industries that make us sick.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
Allowing toxic ultra processed foods to be sold, allowing toxins in food that are banned in other countries, allowing marketing of processed toxic foods to be marketed to children.

And yes I know at some point it's up to individuals to make good choices but our food supply and food culture is so corrupted from the bottom up that it's really really really hard to raise healthy humans.

And it's not just the food industry. Other industries produce toxins as well that are endocrine disruptions, gut microbiome damages etc which all feed into this health crisis we have.

But instead of going back to basics, government will approve and even pay for risky drug treatments that pumps more money into these industries that make us sick.

Not the mention how close food industry and drug industry work together. Lobbying etc.

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not the mention how close food industry and drug industry work together. Lobbying etc.
Correct but didn't want to get too conspiratorial Wink

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:52 pm
amother Garnet wrote:

I completely agree with this
Many Americans don’t realize they are insulin resistant until it’s too late.
The fact that ozempic is being used happens to make sense since it helps blood glucose levels.

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 1:58 pm
amother Almond wrote:
I completely agree with this
Many Americans don’t realize they are insulin resistant until it’s too late.
The fact that ozempic is being used happens to make sense since it helps blood glucose levels.
Of course it makes sense, but what would make more sense was not becoming insulin resistant in the first place. Or reversing it with clean diet. Except nobody's making money off a clean diet. And it's nearly impossible to keep to one because of how much we're inundated with ultra processed food that's designed to keep us hooked. https://www.amazon.com/Hooked-.....r=8-1

I keep posting this article on every thread about these shots. I really think it says it all
https://www.scientificamerican.....mpic/

Also super timely now with purim and the insane amount of candy going around. Whenever I start threads on here about kids and sugar I get very little support. Everyone keeps saying "moderation" and "a little won't hurt" and let them enjoy and g-d forbid your kid should be the one begging neighbors for candy. But then we have hundreds of threads about women struggling with weight, food addictions, diabetes and a whole host of other health issues. But Nobody connects the dots?

Bottom line, this is a massive systemic issue, and don't be fooled for a moment that drug industries care about your health.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 2:18 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
Ozempic is a very well researched and old medicine . It is only recently used for weight loss, but very conserving health care providers are prescribing this. I finally started it after being so nervous - but I’m happy I finally did.

It's not at all well researched, nor is it old. It's been on the market as a diabetes drug for less than a decade. That's nothing in the research world. I'm not saying it's evil, I myself am considering it. But I have concerns that give me pause. And my doctor agrees. So I haven't gone ahead just yet. I might in the future, but I need to know more first.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:17 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
It's not at all well researched, nor is it old. It's been on the market as a diabetes drug for less than a decade. That's nothing in the research world. I'm not saying it's evil, I myself am considering it. But I have concerns that give me pause. And my doctor agrees. So I haven't gone ahead just yet. I might in the future, but I need to know more first.

This is not true. Ozempic is a derivative of other much older drugs that are molecularly identical. It is well researched

fig

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:25 pm
It is also well researched that obesity is a cause of many other illnesses…

amother
Black

Post Sat, Mar 23 2024, 10:24 pm
If other methods of pursuing weight loss required FDA approval, they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sat, Mar 23 2024, 10:28 pm
Its funny the only people I hear that are pro ozempic are the people taking it.

lamplighter

Post Sat, Mar 23 2024, 11:45 pm
I'm not taking it but I understand it.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 12:47 am
I have pcos. Been on Wegovy for 2 years.
I have suffered since puberty with weight. Prior to Wegovy, I did so many diets. I was successful for periods of time, wirh an INSANE amount of effort, and then I would get pregnant etc...
The amount of effort it took was abnormal. I worked out 4 to 5 times a week and followed weight watchers or low carb, keto etc... I would lose, but not even close to put me to a healthy weight.
When I started Wegovy I knew right away that this was different. For the first time in my life I wasn't constantly hungry. What they refer too as food noise, went away for me. I feel like for people like me, there is hormones that were missing that Wegovy has. I still get hungry and I eat like a normal person but now I am not gaining weight.
I don't understand it but I don't care. I only wish it was available to me as a 12 year old. I can not begin to tell you how much its changed my life. I look back at the misery my being overweight caused me and feel so sorry for myself.
I am beyond grateful for this miracle.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:22 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Its funny the only people I hear that are pro ozempic are the people taking it.

Because most people who have an opinion one way or another are the people who would have need for it, and if someone is a candidate and is pro it, why wouldn't they take it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise