Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
“Sleepy but awake” lol!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 10:47 am
My baby has hit the wonderful 4 month sleep regression a few weeks early. She is so smart LOL and I am so tired!!

She’s not my first but she is the first to not take a pacifier so I can’t just pop in the paci for her to go back to sleep. Yes I’ve tried a bunch of brands. She is stubborn!

I love how all the sleep experts recommend putting baby in the crib sleepy but awake. There is no such thing with this baby. She’s either sleeping or wide awake. How can I help her learn to go sleep without nursing her to sleep??

Sometimes she’ll nap well but it’s unpredictable. She used to sleep a good stretch but now she’s up more than she was as a brand new newborn…

Help please?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
My baby has hit the wonderful 4 month sleep regression a few weeks early. She is so smart LOL and I am so tired!!

She’s not my first but she is the first to not take a pacifier so I can’t just pop in the paci for her to go back to sleep. Yes I’ve tried a bunch of brands. She is stubborn!

I love how all the sleep experts recommend putting baby in the crib sleepy but awake. There is no such thing with this baby. She’s either sleeping or wide awake. How can I help her learn to go sleep without nursing her to sleep??

Sometimes she’ll nap well but it’s unpredictable. She used to sleep a good stretch but now she’s up more than she was as a brand new newborn…

Help please?

Drowsy, but awake doesn’t work for most babies. Your baby is normal. Have you tried a bottle? Or just let her nurse. It’s a phase that will pass. You can’t rly teach a baby to sleep. They’ll learn when they’re ready.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:02 pm
Don't know, but she sounds really cute!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 12:30 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Don't know, but she sounds really cute!

Aww yes she is absolutely adorable and all of my kids are crazy about her bH, even (adorably) her man-sized big brother. She’s a real character.
My kids have all had big personalities at early ages but this one is more alert than everyone else unless I’ve just blocked it out!

Thanks amother Orange, that’s what I was afraid of… I just hope she learns to sleep soon. It took some of my other kids a verrrry long time!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics