Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you allow your HS dd
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:50 pm
When I was 7 years old my baby sister was put in my room. This is once my mother switched to formula and the baby didn't wake up most nights. When she did I brought her to my parents. Not every night. Once a week at most. I didn't mind and we bonded. But this was not a newborn. She was at least 6 months old and I got to play with her at bedtime. No sibling should be taking care of a newborn nightly. If the mother is really struggling then the father should take over. Or a night nurse.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 9:03 pm
When one of my children had a difficult baby (in those days we called it colic, or maybe they were already doing Prevacid) my 17 year old offered to go sleep on the couch & do some night shifts.

And when my daughter in law was put on bed rest, my daughter who was in a local seminary decided to go run the house rather than have her brother stay home. I guess we weren't thinking nurses or housekeepers at the time. It doesn't always work for everyone.

But these girls volunteered.

To all those yelling "don't have a baby if you can't handle it", have you ever heard of BC failure? Sometimes the situation is desperate, the mother is at risk of PPD or has PPD. Yes, resources need to be sought, and it does seem wrong to make a HS girl the one responsible. But there can be times when there's not much choice. As a first choice? Absolutely not!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics