Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I want to move to EY. But financially cant.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Reality

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:35 am
June wrote:
The grant was part of sal klita. Could be they discontinued it?

There is no lump sum grant anymore. You get x amount of cash at the airport upon arrival. After setting up a bank account, you make an appointment at misrad haklita and you get 6 monthly payments.

If your income is low enough still, you can go back to misrad haklita and get a much, much lower monthly payment for another 6 months.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 3:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I always knew that the cheaper places are near northern or southern border. Or right near arabs over the “green line”

Am I wrong?

Yes, it is wrong. The Southern border is very very far down South. Places like Yerucham, Dimona, and Arad are Southern, but all very far away from both the Southern border, and far enough away from Gaza that they do not get short range rockets. All of those places were much much quieter than Tel Aviv during this war.

amother
Milk

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 4:01 am
Reality wrote:
Is it still kosher l'pesach non-kitniyot?

I saw that brand was imported for pesach and selling for 30 nis in my neighborhood. It was the only non-kitniyot craisins available. I'm assuming it is leftover from pesach.

oh probably, guess that makes sense!

LovesHashem

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 4:04 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
OP wants RBS so I can't help her, as I understand there is a certain hashkafa that really needs RBS

BUT I'm just writing this in case someone else reads this later who is not needing.

There are very nice places in "Nowheresville". You can get a small town, you can get a small city, all nowhere near Gaza or the Northern border, safe places, for cheap. Don't be scared of "Nowheresville". All the LARGE anglo communities will be expensive but you can find smaller Anglo communities in cheaper places (Karnei Shomron and Yerucham come to mind right away, these are small towns). Don't knock "Nowheresville" before you at least visit for a day, and ideally spend a Shabbat.

I love nowheresville! Sorry if it sounded condesending. I grew up very OOT and I love spending time on moshav I'm and kibbutzim and exploring all over Israel. Evantually we would love to move to nowheresville, currently we need to be in the Jerusalem area for external factors, but 5-10 years down the line I see myself moving.

Either way what's wrong with buying in RBS and having a mortgage? I know very few people who can afford to buy a home anywhere with no mortgage.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 4:07 am
amother OP wrote:
I always knew that the cheaper places are near northern or southern border. Or right near arabs over the “green line”

Am I wrong?

Places like Karmiel and Rechovot are still cheaper than places. Dimona, Arad, Beer Sheva are in the south but not near the borders and I believe they are cheaper as well.

I haven't looked up prices recently but in the past these places were significantly cheaper than RBS.

Not dirt cheap but for sure there's lots of cities that aren't as wanted so it's cheaper there. Usually cities with more lower income immigrants will be cheaper, there's examples in the north too that again aren't near the border or in the west bank.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:16 am
Dimona: you can buy a 4 room (3 bedroom) apartment for 570,000 ₪. It's 4th floor, no elevator, and no parking spot. 82 square meters. https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....ion=5

Yerucham you can get 4 room, 85 square meters, 1st floor for 790,000₪ https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....on=13

Arad, 4 rooms, 90 square meters, 4th floor no elevator 670,000₪ https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....on=12

Mitzpeh Ramon, 4 rooms, 2nd floor no elevator, 112 square meters, 885,000₪ https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....on=10

Elfrida

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:11 am
I love the way this thread is swinging randomly between the price of apartments and the price of cranberries!

All part of life in Israel.

How much do cranberries cost in Dimona or Beer Sheva?

essie14

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:26 am

essie14

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:27 am
Even ocean spray craisins aren't that expensive in Beer Sheva

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:28 am
Is the OP interested in buying cranberries in Israel? Does she even like them?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:46 am
Or we should start telling her about the products we can’t find here. Today I was looking for black ribbon to tie a Bar Mitzva gift. I found every color, no black. Went to 4 stores. Nothing. Bring black ribbon from the USA

Elfrida

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 9:19 am
Iymnok wrote:
Is the OP interested in buying cranberries in Israel? Does she even like them?

I think an apartment might be more important.

Unless she wants to set up a business making cabbage salad with cranberries.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 9:46 am
Good luck. It is hard
We moved to Israel and were forced to move back it was very hard

Parnassa is a big deal
Seems like some posters here are trying to say otherwise...bh I'm sure you have a good Parnassa but it's really not everyone's reality
The poster who makes 4k a month- what do you and your husband do?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 10:57 am
amother Puce wrote:
Or we should start telling her about the products we can’t find here. Today I was looking for black ribbon to tie a Bar Mitzva gift. I found every color, no black. Went to 4 stores. Nothing. Bring black ribbon from the USA

😆 I really dont like cranberries and dont see why I would ever need black ribbon.
I need money to move!

justforfun87

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 11:03 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Good luck. It is hard

Parnassa is a big deal
Seems like some posters here are trying to say otherwise...bh I'm sure you have a good Parnassa but it's really not everyone's reality

Can you speak on this more? Did you go as a young couple or with kids? What sort of degrees/experience did you go with? Do you find much better success here in the states?

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 11:05 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Good luck. It is hard

Parnassa is a big deal

15,000 shekels a month? That's 7.5k a person. Pretty much anything that isn't minimum wage.....

I make 10k as a content writer. Husband makes 15k as a nurse. These aren't super high paying jobs, pretty normal jobs.

grace413

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 11:09 am
Elfrida wrote:
I think an apartment might be more important.

Unless she wants to set up a business making cabbage salad with cranberries.

At least cabbage is cheap.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 11:24 am
150k could be a down payment for a nice apartment in RBS.
What are your proffesions?
Regardless RBS is a really child friendly city.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 5:57 pm
I almost didn't reply because my story is not something you can copy exactly but then I realized that maybe this is what the relying on Hashem part of moving to Israel is all about.

We moved here as a young couple without kids. Our rav told us to make sure we have some leads for jobs before we come, so I had some interviews set up. DH was learning in kollel and was going to look for tutoring jobs when he got here but had already spread the word to people before we came. We had enough savings to live for about a year so we figured we would come back if it didn't work out. We didn't make aliyah but came on DH's student visa.

In the end, I did get one job and later found a better job and over the years, rose higher in the company so that as our expenses went up, so did our income. DH learned and tutored one seder a day for over 10 years. Then we needed more income so he found a remote job at nights. Eventually, that wasn't enough, so he found a better paying remote job for both second seder and nights and he learns in a kollel in the mornings.

A few years ago, we managed to buy an apt. in a new/cheaper area which has already doubled in value. We borrowed money for the down payment, got some money from my parents plus used all our savings. B"H we paid back the money we borrowed within a few years.
We are now here for 20 years, have a bunch of very Israeli kids and we are very happy B"H.

The big difference is that prices have gone up much more since we got here and you are coming with kids already. So my advice is to talk it over with daas torah before deciding to move. If your Rav agrees that it's not being someich on a neis to come and you have a plan for the first year, it might be worth trying. You don't need to make aliyah before coming - look into how long you can wait before making aliyah without losing your aliyah zchuyot.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 6:14 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
150k could be a down payment for a nice apartment in RBS.
What are your proffesions?
Regardless RBS is a really child friendly city.

RBS is great. But 150k usd = 550k shekel. If she needs 30% down-payment she can buy a 1.8m shekel apartment (assuming she has additional funds for lawyer, real estate agent, anything extra for the apartment). She can not buy a nice apartment of 4 rooms, or even 3 rooms, in RBS for that unfortunately.

But that doesn't mean there aren't other areas of the country that could work for her, where she could buy a nice apartment for under 1.8.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions