Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I want to move to EY. But financially cant.
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Aconite

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 6:25 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Not exaggerating. In ramat eshkol. its hard bc I dont have a car so if im in store before shabbos and I need something for shab sometimes I gotta just get it, and it was not from a makolet, from a reg supermarket

You need to buy the Israeli brands. Obviously imported brands are expensive. I never pay anywhere near that amount for it and I live a few streets away - Sanhedria.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 7:29 pm
Can Nefesh b'Nefesh help you find jobs?

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:56 am
amother OP wrote:
I appreciate your blunt answer.
Yes I do struggle with bitachon and trusting hashem will take care of us.

Selling our house here without buying one in EY and giving up jobs here feels like financial suicide. But like you said We need to leave room for hashem.
Let me think about this.

Regarding location- we pretty much narrowed it down to rbs. For various reasons. (Yerushalayim would be ideal but obviously not exactly affordable)

I believe very strongly that it is stupid, incredibly stupid, to buy a home in Israel before you actually know where you want to live and have settled in.

And it is even stupider to buy a home in an expensive area before you come. If you are going to buy before you've found your place, at least don't kill yourself buying in a super-expensive location.

I know you think you've narrowed it down and found your forever perfect place, but really it doesn't work that way, and even if RBS *is* where you end up staying, you might end up feeling more comfortable in a different neighborhood than where you bought originally.

June

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:18 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Good luck. It is hard
We moved to Israel and were forced to move back it was very hard

Parnassa is a big deal
Seems like some posters here are trying to say otherwise...bh I'm sure you have a good Parnassa but it's really not everyone's reality
The poster who makes 4k a month- what do you and your husband do?

I'm the one who said we live on $4k a month, and honestly, we're considered low-income. We qualify for all the discounts on arnona, etc.

Parnassah is up to Hashem and I know many, many people who are struggling in the US.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:20 am
June wrote:
I'm the one who said we live on $4k a month, and honestly, we're considered low-income. We qualify for all the discounts on arnona, etc.

Parnassah is up to Hashem and I know many, many people who are struggling in the US.

Wow, how is it possible? Are you newlywed and font have to pay any rent or utilities? How is that literally possible?

June

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:21 am
amother Sunflower wrote:
I believe very strongly that it is stupid, incredibly stupid, to buy a home in Israel before you actually know where you want to live and have settled in.

And it is even stupider to buy a home in an expensive area before you come. If you are going to buy before you've found your place, at least don't kill yourself buying in a super-expensive location.

I know you think you've narrowed it down and found your forever perfect place, but really it doesn't work that way, and even if RBS *is* where you end up staying, you might end up feeling more comfortable in a different neighborhood than where you bought originally.

I kind of agree. I'm not sure why everyone else is saying to put down a down payment. You don't know where you'll end up being happy; why be locked into owning a home with an expensive mortgage in a neighborhood you don't even like?

Also, in some cases it might make more sense to invest the money and rent, rather than put that same sum into a down payment.

June

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:29 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Wow, how is it possible? Are you newlywed and font have to pay any rent or utilities? How is that literally possible?

No, we have 4 kids b"H and pay for everything on our own. Our expenses are definitely rising as our kids are getting older and food prices go up too. We are lucky that I keep my baby home with me, so no babysitting fees, and also we moved into our current apartment right before prices in my area jumped a few years ago and our landlord hasn't raised our rent since.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 10:41 am
June wrote:
No, we have 4 kids b"H and pay for everything on our own. Our expenses are definitely rising as our kids are getting older and food prices go up too. We are lucky that I keep my baby home with me, so no babysitting fees, and also we moved into our current apartment right before prices in my area jumped a few years ago and our landlord hasn't raised our rent since.

But rent is rent. Are you paying less than 1k? And all utilities? And food? And school? And arnona? And? And? And?

theotherone1

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 1:42 pm
OP, I don't think you mentioned what kind of careers you and your husband have. Wouldn't that make a big difference with regards to your earning potential in Israel?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions