Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Felder lost :( by more than 2,000 votes

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 8:00 pm
Oh well. What will he do now?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:53 pm
Who was the guy who won?

bubby

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 4:58 am
Not my district, but I must say I'm glad. He worries more about pigeons! Even Jews aren't so biased towards one of their own to realize we need some common sense in govt.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 7:03 am
We don’t need more yidden in the government to tear out the eyes of the non jews. Never mind incompetent people who patrol the city streets just for photo ops! Despicable.

Mevater

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 9:53 am
For Michael Bloomberg, it was a mixed night. He backed Squadron who won, a sign of his clout, according to Sheinkopf (or maybe of Sen. Charles Schumer’s clout since he supported Squadron as well). But Bloomberg ’s candidate, City Councilmember Simcha Felder, lost to incumbent State Sen. Kevin Parker in Flatbush. Bloomberg had hosted a fundraiser for Felder and recorded a taped phone message urging residents to vote for the term-limited council member.

What was in it for Bloomberg?

square_peg

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 3:23 pm
Problem is Felder thought he had BP in the bag, but it wasn't so. The problem is not that Felder didn't win... (may the best man win) but that there was not alot of voting done in the district at all. I'm out of the district and there was nothing to vote on.. but the communities should stress MORE on just getting out to vote, rather than WHO you should vote for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics