Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Thank you bubby (my bubby)

yo'ma

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 7:37 pm
No, she's not on here. I know it's weird for me to put this on here, but I felt like it, so...

Thank you bubby for the pan you gave me. I finally used it today for the roll cake and it came out great.

A few years ago, I made a roll cake and I had to cut a lot of the edges off because I used a disposable pan and I guess the cake got a little topsy turvy. When my grandmother saw this, she bought me a real one, so it would come out better. I never bought myself one because I hardly ever made the cake. For my grandmother to buy it for me was special because unless we were by her, she usually only gave us money as a gift and it was for our b-day, anniversary, or chanukah. She lived in L.A. and we lived in N.Y. She was niftar this past December and I finally used it today to make a roll cake. I didn't make one since she gave it to me Rolling Eyes .

This is my way of expressing my thanks when I can't do it in person.

PIP

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 7:39 pm
yoma that's so nice. I'm sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))
I'm sure she's smiling at you from shamayim!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 9:56 pm
Just comes to show that it's the little things one does that really matter. Smile
Thanks for sharing this tidbit about your bubby. Smile

bubby

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 9:09 am
That's the great thing about bubbies...they just seem to know what to do & how to do it!

Bubbies are definitely more reliable, sweeter, & more understanding than mothers. I know LOL My grandchildren can do no wrong. Unlike my kids Rolling Eyes

Your tribute to your Bubby is very touching. I still have an old, rusty hand grinder my Bubby used to make chopped liver. She died 43 years ago & I refuse to part with it. Every so often I bring it out & just remember. The memories are there for ever!

I bet your cakes taste so much nicer with that magical ingredient: Bubby-love Very Happy

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 10:27 am
so how did it come out ...

here's to bubby ... Cheers for touching your life from heaven - it shows that a person lives forever in the heart ...

yo'ma

Post Mon, Oct 13 2008, 10:54 am
greenfire wrote:
so how did it come out ...

here's to bubby ... Cheers for touching your life from heaven - it shows that a person lives forever in the heart ...

Some did get hard at the ends, but much, much better than with a disposable pan. We ate the broken pieces Wink .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics