Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Melaveh malkeh planning!!!

#1mama

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 12:08 am
I am planning a melaveh malkeh for my in-laws and would like ideas what to serve. Something good but yet simple to prepare!

Suggestions please.......thanks! Question

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:05 am
toasted cheese sandwiches, cut up veggies

Marion

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 7:29 am
I'm making DH a birthday party/melave malka this week. Fruit bowl, cookie platter, and birthday cake. We're not usually makpid on seudah shlishit, but I can't imagine anyone will be hungry enough for a sit-down meal.

#1mama

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 12:24 pm
never mind -but it's ' segulah for easy child birth if you wash for melaveh malkeh!

sbs

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 12:44 pm
bagels, with cream cheese, butter, different flavored cream cheeses if you like.
omelettes, you can make 2-3 different toppings and people can choose what they want in theirs.
veggies with dip or fresh salad, if you don't want to be busy making omelettes and you want everything made in advance you can do a pasta or quiche.
I also like to do some kind of milchige drink, like iced coffee or cappucino, or something hot now that it's getting cold out.

msym

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:35 pm
sweet cheese noodle kugel

Fabulous

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 2:44 pm
ceaser salad, israeli salad, pasta salad, broccoli soup, bagels, tuna, cream cheese, egg salad, guacamole, chips, salsa, eggplant parm, baked ziti..

lamplighter

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 4:53 pm
Im coming over Fab!!!!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 10:42 pm
I wouldn't make all of those things at one time, but I have made them all in different combo's at dif. times. But your welcome over any time.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 10:54 pm
diff spreads, bagels, salads, penne vodka, pesto pasta, grilled salmon with grilled veggies, tuna salad, avacado, all the diff fish salads, quiches, blintzes, parmesean, lasagna..

start out with a nice fruit appetizer. Either in a soup form, or drink, or just nicely presented fresh fruit.
That would look very nice on the table. The rest of the things can be spread thruout the table, buffet style. As the night goes on, bring out the different hot stuff, and pass it around..

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 10:12 am
I made Beauty and the Beast's salmon wellingtons for an appetizer, easy and delish and very pretty.

Shebah

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 10:37 am
Maybe some cheesy Smile cupcakes or blintzes with the coffee...
Enjoy the preperations and most of all your guest!

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 10:45 am
Marion, sounds yum!! I'm crashing (little smiley with red ears)

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 11:40 am
Fabulous wrote:
I made Beauty and the Beast's salmon wellingtons for an appetizer, easy and delish and very pretty.

aww, that's so nice to hear! Thank you!

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 11:50 am
RachelEve14 wrote:

Hey, it's going to be mostly Kopul's family, but if you and DH want to get a sitter you're more than welcome. Party starts at 7:30.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 12:45 pm
Marion wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:

Hey, it's going to be mostly Kopul's family, but if you and DH want to get a sitter you're more than welcome. Party starts at 7:30.

Who said anything about dh Twisted Evil I think I"m taking the original thread too off topic. We'll talk Smile

mamacita

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:01 pm
I sometimes make pizza. Erev shabbos, I set aside some of the dough from my challah, toss the dough (I'm a professional!) then freeze it. After shabbos I take out the crust, add sauce, spices, cheese and toppings, and bake till bubbly. So yum!

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 5:35 pm
la456 wrote:
Im coming over Fab!!!!

lol me too !!! Nervous Mr. Green

I make homemade pizza ... too ... and don't forget the beer Drunken Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins