Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Every 10 minutes?
Previous  1  2  3

Ima'la

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 3:54 am
Seraph, how old is this child? If the child is 3.5, obviously you should be providing a LOT of support to get things going. If the child is 20 mos., I think it's fair to suggest to the parents that it's too early if it doesn't seem to be going well. (I'm assuming it's somewhere in between!)

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 3:58 am
Seraph wrote:
Marion wrote:
What is "toilet-training age"?

My son will be 3 on Friday. We cannot give him tzitzit because he's still in diapers. He'll be 3.5 when he starts gan in September. He was 2.5 last August, and we tried, but he wasn't quite ready. By Sukkot he was 2+8, and for sure he was ready.

OTOH, my nephew (turned 3 on Friday) has been trained for almost 6 months. My neice (she'll be 3 in May) has also been trained for a few months already.

What's the official age to train?
Lets just put it this way- kids that are a year and 5 months are NOT toilet training age. Nor are 20 month olds. Yes, most of the kids here arent 2 yet. If they were, that would be another story...

Rivka was out of diapers (on her own initiative) before she was 2 (about 20 months). She started at a home day care that Sept. (so when she was 26 months) and hadn't been in diapers for months but all the other kids (including one who was over 3) were in diapers. My twins weren't ready until they were almost 3, then they went from total accidents to totally fine within a week. My friend's ds was about 80% reliabe in undies at 20 months or so. All kids are different.

Seraph

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 4:02 am
Ima'la wrote:
I hear what you're saying, Marion. I guess it depends on the child. But I understood from Seraph's post that it was the parents' decision to send her in pull-ups, so if it sounds like it's hard enough as is, then I don't see why she has to make things harder for herself.

Btw, has the child ever been successful in making at your house? Once you get over that hurdle, things might be much easier.
She made once on the toilet here.

She's 2.5. Her mother even said she's not in such a rush, but figured why not. her older child was insanely easy to train- one day she just took off diapers, and never an accident since. But I told her all kids are not the same...

Seraph

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 4:05 am
RachelEve14 wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Marion wrote:
What is "toilet-training age"?

My son will be 3 on Friday. We cannot give him tzitzit because he's still in diapers. He'll be 3.5 when he starts gan in September. He was 2.5 last August, and we tried, but he wasn't quite ready. By Sukkot he was 2+8, and for sure he was ready.

OTOH, my nephew (turned 3 on Friday) has been trained for almost 6 months. My neice (she'll be 3 in May) has also been trained for a few months already.

What's the official age to train?
Lets just put it this way- kids that are a year and 5 months are NOT toilet training age. Nor are 20 month olds. Yes, most of the kids here arent 2 yet. If they were, that would be another story...

Rivka was out of diapers (on her own initiative) before she was 2 (about 20 months). She started at a home day care that Sept. (so when she was 26 months) and hadn't been in diapers for months but all the other kids (including one who was over 3) were in diapers. My twins weren't ready until they were almost 3, then they went from total accidents to totally fine within a week. My friend's ds was about 80% reliabe in undies at 20 months or so. All kids are different.
ok. but for the most part, kids arent really ready to train before 2. And most of the kids dont turn two till pesach time, which is why I included that in my rules....

EM

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 4:17 am
I trained my daughter during vacation but she DID go every ten minutes in the beginning and she made every time. I thought maybe she just didnt know how to empty her bladder the whole way and thats why she had to go so often. now she can go hours without going to the bathroom!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:30 am
When I was desperately toilet training my 2 1/2 year old, I had an OB Gyn appt that took 5 hours and I begged the babysitter to put him on the potty every so often. She didnt. She put him on ONCE. I was pretty furious - of course he had gone in his pullup. But I didnt expect her to mamish train him for me, but to help. Evne that, she didnt do.

To the ones who advocate the mother train over pesach - pesach is the HARDEST time to train! It's such a busy time!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training