Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Your unpopular opinions here!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 12  13  14  Next

agreer

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 4:49 pm
It's not a mitzvah to bring babies and toddlers to family simchos that interfere with their bedtime.

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 4:53 pm
[quote="sushilover"]If you are referring to the movie then I agree.

Book Hermione was clever, diligent, and compassionate, but she also lacked an understanding of social nuances, lacked self confidence, and was overly serious.
Movie Hermione was clever, perfect, and bad-*** and was given some of Ron's best lines.

Book Ron was funny, smart, and loyal. He bickered with Hermione, but would jump to her defense if anyone else dared to.
Movie Ron was a cowardly, dumb, self obsessed, and disloyal. (In the book he yelled at Snape for calling Hermione a show off. In the movie he agreed with him!)

Book Harry clearly enjoyed Ron's company over Hermione's. When Hermione wasn't around, he missed her. When Ron wasn't around, he was miserable.
Movie Harry had all his sweet moments with Hermione.

Book Ginny was awesome- the cool, popular, talented girl who befriended the school outcasts.
Movie Ginny tied Harry's shoe.[/Gunny.

I know the books much better than the movies. I just wanted to thank you for the gift of laughter you gave me with your line about movie Ginny.

GLUE

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 8:47 pm
I believe that there is a God in this world and he knows what he is doing ALL THE TIME

I like trees the more the better
Crape myrtle are not trees they are bushes so towns should stop planting them to fill their tree quota

I believe in Climate change(If you do not why are there no Vikings on Green land?)

I think we are running out of water
Fracking can be good, it can also cause earthquakes-that is why Oklahoma is the shakiest state

You can put 2 year old boys in girls clothes and vice versa

I think that more towns should be set up as New urbanites

GLUE

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 8:48 pm
agreer wrote:
It's not a mitzvah to bring babies and toddlers to family simchos that interfere with their bedtime.

What happens if you can't get a babysitter?

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:04 pm
There is no reason to worry whether a baby is dressed in "trendy" clothing.

Spending upwards of $70 for an outfit for someone who doesn't care what s/he looks like and who is likely to spit up breastmilk or food on it or stain it with poop is a waste of money.

Corollary: Frum baby clothing stores are a rip-off. The clothes are overpriced, and calling something "European" doesn’t make it less hideous.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:12 pm
I thought this thread was one where we aired our unpopular opinions without condemnation from others with differing opinions...? If so, I have a number of them.

Gay men and women have a yetzer mentioned in the Torah, just like other inclinations. The difference is they choose to act on it so in my unpopular opinion being gay is fine, acting on it is not.

Blue hair dye is ugly, unless it's Purim.

I agree with sequoia that trans men are women and trans women are men. My unpopular opinion about this is science-based.

In my unpopular opinion, a person that *acts* on their gay/trans/bi/unicorn yetzer is on a lower level than one who is mechallel shabbos. Both have amazing middos, but one is between him and God and the other forces me to call him/her/she/it which lowers them a notch in my book.

Again, these are my unpopular opinions that I'm entitled to, in keeping with the purpose of this thread.

One more: In my (again) unpopular opinion, empathy should also be shown for people whose opinions are not in line with ours.

Last edited by groisamomma on Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ima4therecord

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:13 pm
Do whatever you want with breastfeeding and bottle feeding. Even if you decide to exclusely bottle feed from the start because breast feeding is annoying and you are a much happier and functioning mom doing bottle feeding. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

Ima4therecord

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:17 pm
GLUE wrote:
What happens if you can't get a babysitter?

If one looks enough in advanced... I find it hard to believe they can't find someone qualified in the community....

Plonis

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:30 pm
Here's some of my very unpopular opinions:

Long loose hair and shaitels are unrefined. An inch or two past shoulder length can be beautiful, but past that it gradually veers to a very different statement.

For the most part, people in the tri-state area should be keeping Cholov Yisroel.

Past my pay grade probably, but IMHO the OU made a mistake in relying on heterim for shellac. Had they stood firm to begin with, no fruits or vegetables would be coated in shellac and there would be plenty of alternatives that aren't as questionable halachicly.

hodeez

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 9:32 pm
Modern feminism is ridiculous and counterproductive

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:33 pm
This may be the most unpopular.
I am following every law and I wear a mask outside 100% of the time.
that being said
I think social distancing works. I really do.
From what I have listened to from many Drs. they know from updated research and studies that masks may make the covid problem worse. They do not help the problem at all
I have learned that people may get covid more often because of masks and they cant speak out because they will be ridiculed and lose their licenses. That has started happening to the drs. who speak out. We used to be allowed to have a open discussion especially among doctors, and have an opinion that is different and now people are silenced.

estherj

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:35 pm
Here

Last edited by estherj on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:37 pm
Women and and men are not equAl. We are physically built differently, think differently, and wired differently. We each have our own strengths. Stop making us even.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:38 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:
This may be the most unpopular.
I am following every law and I wear a mask outside 100% of the time.
that being said
I think social distancing works. I really do.
From what I have listened to from many Drs. they know from updated research and studies that masks may make the covid problem worse. They do not help the problem at all
I have learned that people may get covid more often because of masks and they cant speak out because they will be ridiculed and lose their licenses. That has started happening to the drs. who speak out. We used to be allowed to have a open discussion especially among doctors, and have an opinion that is different and now people are silenced.

Being silenced is not new. You are silenced if you don't belive in evolution or other things as well. I watched a documentary where a proffesor lost his job for supporting israel. I spoke to a doctor myself who also said masks don't do much and it's really keeping distance unless you are standing a foot or two or less away. He didn't say it makes it worse. We still are wearing masks

gonewiththewind1

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 10:59 pm

Last edited by gonewiththewind1 on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

moonstone

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 11:13 pm
DrMom wrote:
There is no reason to worry whether a baby is dressed in "trendy" clothing.

Spending upwards of $70 for an outfit for someone who doesn't care what s/he looks like and who is likely to spit up breastmilk or food on it or stain it with poop is a waste of money.

Corollary: Frum baby clothing stores are a rip-off. The clothes are overpriced, and calling something "European" doesn’t make it less hideous.

I don't understand this either. I would never live in a community where people are judged if their BABY isn't dressed in expensive clothing. It's ridiculous.

I also think it's silly to dress all your children exactly the same. I wouldn't do it for twins, much less 12 children.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 11:17 pm
moonstone wrote:
I don't understand this either. I would never live in a community where people are judged if their BABY isn't dressed in expensive clothing. It's ridiculous.

I also think it's silly to dress all your children exactly the same. I wouldn't do it for twins, much less 12 children.

I think matching everyone is cute. For family pictures and like chol hamoed. Or combine the two. But not every day. And I don't believe in forcing kids to match against their will. Unless it's for family pictures. Or you are going somewhere with a ton of people and having the entire family wear orange is going to make keeping track of 12 children much much easier

ecs

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 11:20 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I think matching everyone is cute. For family pictures and like chol hamoed. Or combine the two. But not every day. And I don't believe in forcing kids to match against their will. Unless it's for family pictures. Or you are going somewhere with a ton of people and having the entire family wear orange is going to make keeping track of 12 children much much easier

seriously have you ever seen 12 kids dressed alike?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 11:24 pm
ecs wrote:
seriously have you ever seen 12 kids dressed alike?

LOL LOL You have a point. It is ALOT. I've seen 7 or so. And they aren't usually wearing the exact same thing because you have a 17, 7, and 2 year old girl and finding the exact same thing that looks appropriate on all those ages is hard.

Siriusly?

Post Mon, Dec 14 2020, 1:59 am
rainbow dash wrote:
Wow, I didn't read the books so I had no idea the personalities were different. Thanks

Wow - you’re missing out! You should totally read the books!

My related unpopular opinion: Always read the book, don’t watch the movie! (Or at least read the book before watching the movie.) I can barely think of one movie that didn’t botch the book it was based on in some way - there’s simply no way to fit a few hours worth of setting, plot and character development into a 2-hour movie.
Page 4 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics