Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Latkes....

wispalover

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 2:57 pm
So, I found a couple recipes on WW. I am posting first the original recipe, then the one I am planning to follow (my edits)- has anyone tried these? are they good?? At the bottom is a new one I found today.. If anyone has any reviews- PLEASE share!:

Course: light meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 2
Servings: 12
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

These healthy pancakes are baked, not fried, and still have all the great taste and crispness of traditional latkes.

Ingredients
1/4 cup(s) regular egg substitute
1/4 cup(s) matzo meal
1/2 small onion(s), chopped
1 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
3 large uncooked potato(es)
1 large sweet potato(es)
1 spray(s) cooking spray, or enough to coat baking sheet and pancakes
Instructions
Heat oven to 500°F. In large bowl combine egg substitute, matzo meal, onion, salt and pepper.

In food processor, grate potatoes through feed tube. Squeeze out any excess moisture. Combine with egg mixture. (Note: Do not grate potatoes ahead of time.)

Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place twelve 1/4 cups of pancake mixture on sheet; coat with cooking spray. Bake until pancakes are crisp, 30 minutes, turning over after 15 minutes.

Course: light meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 2
Servings: 12

Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

These healthy pancakes are baked, not fried, and still have all the great taste and crispness of traditional latkes.

Ingredients
1/4 cup(s) matzo meal
1/2 small onion(s), chopped
1 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
1 spray(s) cooking spray, or enough to coat baking sheet and pancakes
4 large uncooked potato(es)
2 item(s) egg
Instructions

Heat oven to 500°F. In large bowl combine egg substitute, matzo meal, onion, salt and pepper.
In food processor, grate potatoes through feed tube. Squeeze out any excess moisture. Combine with egg mixture. (Note: Do not grate potatoes ahead of time.)
Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place twelve 1/4 cups of pancake mixture on sheet; coat with cooking spray. Bake until pancakes are crisp, 30 minutes, turning over after 15 minutes.

Ingredients
1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked potato(es), peeled and shredded
2 large egg white(s)
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 medium scallion(s), minced
3/4 tsp table salt
4 tsp vegetable oil
Instructions
Soak the potatoes in cold water 30 minutes; drain and blot dry. Preheat the oven to 375° F.

In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, egg whites, flour, scallions and salt. Form into 12 pancakes.

In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat one third of the oil. Cook the pancakes, 4 at a time, until just golden, about 2 minutes on each side; transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining oil and pancakes. Bake until crisp and cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise