Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Pidyon Haben help

amother

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 9:59 am
B'h making a pidyon haben and wondering about the bags with garlic and sugar. What type of garlic do I use? Do I put it all together? And are they generally left on the tables? Thanks for any tips.

Tapuzi

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 10:20 am
We used a clove of fresh unpeeled garlic and sugar cubes in little mesh bags and left them scattered on the tables for people to take.

yummymummy

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 11:48 am
I also used cloves of unpeeled garlic and sugar cubes in mesh bags but I gave them to the caterer ahead of time to put one on each plate when setting up the tables.

I've been to other pidyon habens where the meal was buffet style and the bags were placed in large bowls on the buffet.

And of course, there are those guests who request a bag from the ones that were placed around the baby on the silver tray I carried him in on. Mazal tov!

miami85

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 6:12 pm
I made a pidyon haben, we put 2-3 garlic segments with 2 sugar cubes in a small mesh bag. At our pidyon haben I announced that ppl should take--since not too many ppl there were familiar with that custom. I hardly sat down the whole time--except when my husband was speaking, so I forgot to remind people to take--so hardly anyone took. I'm still using them! The Pidyon haben was in january!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics