Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I hope the Sprinkles customer reads this!
1  2  3  Next

bubby

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 6:23 pm
I can't believe what just happened to my daughters & I hope the wife is on imamother, or that other amothers saw this.

My 2 daughters went with their children to Sprinkles ice cream store on 18th Avenue today. The line was huge & my daughter, not from NY, asked a couple if the line where they were was for the milchig or pareve counters. The woman yelled at her "it's one big line!" and her saintly husband, about 30 years old with one child, stopped his wife from yelling more at DD & instead, HE yelled at her to "get the F*** to the back of the line!" at the top of his voice.

The wife, a young woman wearing a sheitel, just let her husband speak to another woman like that. My DD was absolutely shocked & told him he should cut off his peyos if that's the way he speaks to women.

This is why frum people are disrespected: when they dress the way they do, like they are helige tzaddikim but have mouths like sewers, is it any wonder they are loathed & assumed to be hypocrites? I bet this guy shockles & shteigs but has no problem being abusive. I bet he makes a Chillul Hashem wherever he goes...and it sounds like his wife is no better.

A marriage made in hell. And I'm upset that my grandchildren had to witness this. That's good chinuch, right???

DD just saw me type this & made sure I got the details right, so please don't say there must be more to it.

runninglate

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 6:26 pm
thats terrible. I was in sprinkles today, but didnt see this happen. Good for ur dd for standing up for herself. Im sorry she went through this. Pls know that this mans behavior does not represent bp at all.

Bliss

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 6:28 pm
OMG! How crazy!

gold21

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 6:36 pm
bubby, their behavior does not represent any segment of frum society. he, in his own entity, and his wife, in her own entity, are crackpot nutjob freaks. they shouldnt cut off their peyos, they should submit themselves to the mental home.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 7:00 pm
What's the story got to do with Sprinkles? You are besmirching a store because of an incident that happened within that store?

I also don't think it's the peyos or lack thereof. Rude people exist in all classes/segments of society.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 7:10 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
What's the story got to do with Sprinkles? You are besmirching a store because of an incident that happened within that store?

I also don't think it's the peyos or lack thereof. Rude people exist in all classes/segments of society.
This story doesnt make me think anything bad about Sprinkles. That isnt what Bubby meant. It has nothing to do with the store. I dont think Sprinkles is besmirched (cool word) because of this story...

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 7:11 pm
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

This story doesnt make me think anything bad about Sprinkles. That isnt what Bubby meant. It has nothing to do with the store. I dont think Sprinkles is besmirched (cool word) because of this story...

I don't think it's necessary to write the name of the store. JMHO.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 7:15 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

You are probably right... Smile

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 7:22 pm
As per the title, I thought the name of the store was being mentioned to say, if this is you please take a good look at how your middos look to others.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 8:35 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

I agree that there are rude people in every segment of society, however I assume bubby specified the store name so that if the woman is here she'll recognize that this was her and her husband. I also think the details of the peyos pertained to the story, otherwise it wouldn't be accurate.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 8:56 pm
groisamomma wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

I agree that there are rude people in every segment of society, however I assume bubby specified the store name so that if the woman is here she'll recognize that this was her and her husband. I also think the details of the peyos pertained to the story, otherwise it wouldn't be accurate.

IMO, the offender would know that it was her without the name of the store mentioned. Whatever, this is getting nitty gritty for no reason.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 9:08 pm
Listen, there are rude people everywhere. I am sure there were like 30 other nice families in line waiting like a mentch having a clean mouth. Lets look at that part.

paprika

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 10:38 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
groisamomma wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

IMO, the offender would know that it was her without the name of the store mentioned. Whatever, this is getting nitty gritty for no reason.

Perhaps Sprinkles could have some benefit from this story. The line was huge for good reason. Their ice cream is great!!

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 11:07 pm
Umm, that wasn't rude. Rude would be saying "hey lady, geddoudahere!" Using profanity as this man did is not only abusive but a chillul hashem beyond belief.

Next time a frum person curses at you, ask him quietly "Do you kiss the Chumash with that mouth?"

octopus

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 12:21 am
how do you know this guy doesn't have mental health issues? tourettes? It's a horrible feeling to be cursed out like that (it shakes you up!) however, as a frum person, you have to think, "well, that guy MUST have mental health issues if he can talk like that." and it's not just the potty mouth, it's the whole scenario- his reaction is way over the top. He MUST have mental health issues.

octopus

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 12:26 am
the reason why I am saying this is because I see it so many times. So many times ppl with mental health issues don't "look" different. not like ppl with a physical disability. People don't realize they are dealing with a "special" person. And get all offended by "rude" behavior.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 12:32 am
I agree with octopus

bubby

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 12:40 am
groisamomma wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:

EXACTLY.

bubby

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 12:41 am
And by the way, I have always found the frum people who work behind the counter at Sprinkles to be unfailingly polite & patient. And yes, their ice cream is yummy! Very Happy

Tova

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 5:26 am
octopus wrote:
how do you know this guy doesn't have mental health issues? tourettes? It's a horrible feeling to be cursed out like that (it shakes you up!) however, as a frum person, you have to think, "well, that guy MUST have mental health issues if he can talk like that." and it's not just the potty mouth, it's the whole scenario- his reaction is way over the top. He MUST have mental health issues.

I'm not sure it's a chiyuv to judge a "stam" person (a beinoni - someone you don't know to be a tzaddik) favoriably although it'may be a praiseworthy thing to do.

I would be upset also, for MY EARS and more importantly my kids' ears to have to hear such unkavod'ik behavior (that's what I tell my kids all the time - we have to talk and act with kavod).
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette