Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Overnight Potato Kugel Question

cutegal

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 1:40 pm
I made potato kugel this morning and would like to make it overnight kugel. Can I put it in the oven tonight with some water and leave it overnight? How much water for a 9x13 pan and for a 9 inch square pan?

Thanks

yummydd

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 1:56 pm
I would cover it tightly, add a 9x13 pan with water in the lower shelf and leave it on 250 overnight.

A quick way of making a "overnight kugel" on Friday is to pour over some seltzer on top if the kugel, cover tightly and put back in the oven Friday morning for a few hours.

ninasapir

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 2:11 pm
if you make cholent you can also cook your potato kugel in the cholent. make the potato kugel batter and pour it onto parchment/baking paper, wrap tightly and put on the top of the cholent about 20 minutes before shabbos.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 3:02 pm
I take a kugel in a 9 x 13, add half a cup of water, cover tightly and leave in oven overnight at 200 degrees. Delicious!

sarachana

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 3:23 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I take a kugel in a 9 x 13, add half a cup of water, cover tightly and leave in oven overnight at 200 degrees. Delicious!

I want to try this, could you give much more specific instructions. Do I use a reg recipe for kugel, and do I bake covered or uncovered? tia

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 5:09 pm
sarachana wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:

I want to try this, could you give much more specific instructions. Do I use a reg recipe for kugel, and do I bake covered or uncovered? tia

I use a regular recipe of kugel (made in advance). I said specifically above to cover tightly.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 5:28 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
sarachana wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:

I use a regular recipe of kugel (made in advance). I said specifically above to cover tightly.
Yup, it's yum.
If you're not sure which recipe to use, choose one with more eggs and oil, for overnight potato kugel.

sarachana

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 6:34 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
sarachana wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:

what exactly does "made in advance" mean?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Oct 27 2011, 7:04 pm
sarachana wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
sarachana wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:

what exactly does "made in advance" mean?

That I didn't make it that day. It had been made at least a day or more before and had been either refrigerated or frozen since making. That doesn't matter though, it is just my convenience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes