Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me get motivated again

amother

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 1:33 pm
ok, my story in short.

I'm dieting a long time and have been loosing a lot of weight. the past 3-4 months have been a stand still, automatically I am loosing my motivation and ending up eating the wrong foods....

I need to loose at least another 30 pounds and I feel like it will never happen Ch'v.

any tips of how to go on from here????

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 5:54 pm
I hear ya!

I know lots of different things to try: keeping food journal puntiliously, watching portions, getting enough fruits/veggies, getting more activity.

I know for activity, I just don't have an opportunity to exercise proper, so I try to find a walking buddy in order to get myself outside and moving, and I put my ds in the stroller.

Also, I personally have a better time if I eat my "dinner" for lunch. That's when I need most of my calories to have energy for the rest of the day.

One more idea is to set a smaller goal, like 5 lbs, and find a non food way to reward yourself. (New tichl, new shoes, a babysitter for an hour of free time (that you wouldn't normally give yourself))

You can do it! Even not gaining is a huge achievment! Aren't you happier at the weight you are now than before? B"H!!!

I also daven at licht for this.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 6:10 pm
thanks NJMommy, my issue though is not what I should do to loose my weight... I am watching my portions, keeping a food journal, doing excersize etc. (and if I'm not perfect in any of these I know exactly what I need to do to improve Wink ) the problem is that I lost my motivation, the will to work so hard, to prepare my food, to drink my 10 cups of water...
it's like my brain thinks that the amount of pounds I lost is enough. so it's loosing it now on much a slower pace, (that's why I am loosing the energy that I need to continue)

anyway I need a reminder or something like that, that it pays all this work.....

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 06 2006, 6:17 pm
Quote:
Also, I personally have a better time if I eat my "dinner" for lunch. That's when I need most of my calories to have energy for the rest of the day.

Thank-You Idea Thats something I anyways never thought of Smile

purplegirl

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 11:24 am
I made a list for myself of all the reasons I want to lose weight. I'll share it with you, and maybe some of it will remind you of your reasons and will motivate you.

Tznius. My clothes are getting tight.
I want to feel good about how I look
I want to feel more attractive and less inhibited with DH
I want more energy!
Self esteem
Good skin
I don't want to gain pregnancy weight (G-d willing) on top of all this extra weight
I want to be able to sit comfortably with my knees up against my chest
I want to be able to cross my legs
I don't want to get a rash between my legs in the summer
I want to wear a smaller bra size Mr. Green

Hope that was helpful Very Happy

Basya

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 11:34 am
I am joining a gym today. I always loose weight when I exercise, without excercising, I don't lose. So I finally found a way to fit it into my schedule to go 2-3 times a week after work.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 11:37 am
I didn't go on a diet, I made a lifestyle change. That's the only way to KEEP the weight off.

Think about how you can intergrate that into your own life.

imanut

Post Tue, Nov 07 2006, 9:03 pm
it's normal to reach a plateau at a certain point in weight loss. you may have to make certain adjustments.
to add to purplegirl's list: better health
good luck.

besimcha

Post Wed, Nov 08 2006, 10:36 am
First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! It's so hard to achieve, take pleasure in how you look now as opposed to before, instead of being frustrated that you don't yet look as you want to.
Yes, it's normal to reach a plateau, especially when you have been dieting and losing weight for a long time. It usually helps to bring some variety into your nutrition and exercise - try eating different things - and maybe 100-200 kcal more or less -, doing different types/intensity of exercise etc to get the body moving again. Hatzlocha!

pink rose

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 3:55 pm
sometime when we reach plateau it help to do some different style of exercie.The most important is to keep going even if you dont see any result and suddenly you will realize you made it.Hatzlacha

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 4:44 pm
shoeboxgirly wrote:
Oh, and pinkfridge, my dentist says I have small teeth (he also once said I have a big mouth embarrassed ).

My hygentist asked me "if I'd consider brushing my teeth every single day".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise