Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chabad Atlanta

amother

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 4:32 pm
Can anyone give me any info on the Chabad community of Atlanta. Is the largest in Sandy Springs? Are there Chabad schools for both boys and girls? What is the cost of living like? Any other volunteered information would be great.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 9:49 am
bumping up...

thisone

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 10:25 pm
I don't know a lot about Chabad but I believe they send their kids to Torah Day School (I met one kid there who was Chabad--so at least one!). The building is co-ed, the classes are not--and they have them use the halls at different times of day.

Rabbi New is very well liked but I haven't personally met him or his wife. I believe his Chabad runs a Chabad preschool. I'm sure you could call and ask. The Beis Yaakov here is supposed to be amazing--the girls rave about the Rebbetzin, the middos development, the classes...

It looks like from their website it is in Sandy Springs, which I think is slightly more than Toco Hills, where Torah Day School is. You could do a search on zillow.com to see house prices near the Chabad to get an idea of the cost of living. Let me know if you have any general Atlanta questions I could help you with! In general, it's a nice place to live--the weather is good much of the year, there are lots of family-friendly activities that are free or cheap, and there's a nice "out of town" vibe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating