Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What does it mean

amother

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:08 pm
I sent a boy a picture of a girl asking him if he thinks that she is pretty and he replies "yes.."
what does that mean he does or he is not sure what he thinks?

drumjj

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:15 pm
why cant yes just mean yes

marshmellow

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:27 pm
I would have thought from that yes he really does and the .. is like telling you "isn't that obvious", that is what I perceive but I could be wrong I don't know, are you trying to set him up with someone lol

amother

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:43 pm
well dot dot dot can mean many things...there is something else the person wanted to say but left it unsaid or unwritten. usually the person reading it would understand, but in a comment about love, maybe you should ask them about it.

it may mean he is uncertain...he is pondering
it may be he doesn't or he does like her.. the dot, dot at the end is meant to express something that he cannot express. it may also mean to ask the reader (you) to figure it out for yourself.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:47 pm
Why don't you go ahead and ask him the next question, instead of dwelling on the multitude of nuances his dots may or may not contain?

Email him: Would you like to go out with her on Motzai Shabbos? Or, Would you like to call her references? Or whatever question is next on your list!

5*Mom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 1:52 pm
If you check your op, you'll notice that you used only 2 dots, not 3. If this was intentional and exactly what the boy wrote then I would bet the second dot was a typo. He meant "yes."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette