Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Registering our marriage

cmg770

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 10:41 am
My husband and I made aliyah to Israel. We got married in the UK. Does anyone know how to register our marriage over here in Israel.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 11:07 am
Take your UK marriage license, your Ketubah and I know in the US you need a certificate called an epostile which means your legal marriage is recognized in other countries, to Misrad Hapnim. IIRC, that's all... you'll change your teudat zehut, his info will be added to yours and your info to his...

iluvfood

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 11:20 am
yes you have to have ur marriage certificate stamped with an apostile, you will have to send ur certificate to england to have this done. I cant remember exactly where but I think I just googled and downloaded a form and then posted it out from here and they posted it back

amother

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 1:40 pm
Wow, this is super embarrassing, I did not know that anyone not married in Israel has to have their marriage registered.
Does everyone need to do this? For what reason? (not OP and have been hear for a long time)

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 2:10 pm
You need to be registered as married in the system. You need to have your husband's info on your ID card and your info on his... and therefore you need the paperwork (license, Ketubah) to prove it.

shabri

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 2:52 pm
You could also go to the rabanut but you have to bring eidim that testify that you are married. That's what we did
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions