Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Title 1

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 9:47 pm
does anyone that have a first grader have title 1 in school?

acccdac

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 11:12 pm
my son is in Pre-1 and was serviced by title 1 this school year

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 6:01 am
Do you want to say where you are? Title 1 services, requirements, etc. vary in different locales.

acccdac

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 7:00 am
It really shouldn't vary much since its a federal program and not a state program

I'm in California.

You PM me and I can probably answer your questions since I'm not anonymous I don't want to explain here why. If I do people will figure our who I am.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 11:30 am
im in Brooklyn my dd had title 1 she came home with a whole briefcase full of stuff I was amazed!

nicole81

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 3:34 pm
title 1 is federal but schools can choose to use it in different ways ie it can be targeted to only those students who qualify, or the school can vote to use it as school-wide funding, for example for academic support programs.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 5:15 pm
I have a First grade boy that is going to title one. It is really good! He learned so much from going there. I just with it was longer its only about a half hour to 45 min a day otherwise he is in the regular classroom.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 5:06 am
nicole81 wrote:
title 1 is federal but schools can choose to use it in different ways ie it can be targeted to only those students who qualify, or the school can vote to use it as school-wide funding, for example for academic support programs.

Yes, I don't know enough about it to have explained it this well. I just see how it was used in the school I worked at and it seems like they did it differently than some of the NY or NJ schools. Kids qualified not on the basis of income but need, and different services were offered (and dropped as funding was cut Sad )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children