Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I'm not sure I deserve it...

amother

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 3:16 pm
DH and I decided to go on a diet together. To help keep us on track, we set certain goals with incentives to go along with it. It's VERY challenging for us to diet. We LOVE food, and LOVE to eat and nosh. We made "midway" goals, and "ultimate" goals. We don't generally spend money on ourselves, but the incentives would require us to spend some.

Let me get to the point- We only Recently started this diet and I have already reached my "midway" goal. I feel guilty though as if I don't deserve it because the weight came off faster than I anticipated. Do I go ahead and buy my 'prize' or should I set another "midway" goal? Do I deserve it yet? Is it too soon to get rewarded?

tzila

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 4:16 pm
Good for you! Applause
I think if you promised yourself something you should still get it, because even if it took quicker to get it, it may motivate you more to continue.
Personally, I know that's MY difficulty- getting part of the way there is easy in the beginning but to continue is very hard for me. Sad

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 6:27 pm
Of course you deserve it! Does a gold-medal Olympic sprinter not deserve his medal because he happens to have longer legs than the other sprinters? Does the class valedictorian not deserve her award because she happens to have a better memory than her classmates? Does a beautiful woman not deserve to be crowned Miss America because she happens to have been born with more pleasing features than the other contestants?

Sherri

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 6:29 pm
Go for it! Good for you! Continued hatzlacha...

SS6099

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 10:01 pm
I agree with the others- you worked hard, go for it. Dieting is NOT easy Smile

rachelbg

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 11:18 pm
I hear your concern - I'd also be bothered by that.

You did make a giant accomplishment, but the money you planned on spending on yourself for this was supposed to take a longer time, feel much more of a tircha, and feel like a giant investment on your part- that's what would validate spending cash you wouldn't otherwise spend.

While you absolutely did accomplish your halfway mark (you can set a newer, higher one if you want now) if I were in your financial shoes, I'd probably swing for a prize a few notches down of what I had set on at first, and then when I will have worked 'hard enough' to reach my new (ultimate?) goal I'd allow myself the grand slam prize.

But that's just me.

Mazel tov on your great feat! Feel great about yourself! You should go from chayil to chayil Smile

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 07 2012, 11:04 am
of course you deserve it ... that's the deal

just don't get disappointed if the other pounds don't come off as easy cause the beginning you shed more ...

good luck !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise