Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mexican theme--need help with packaging/label

ElTam

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 3:30 pm
My DH is really strong on the idea that he wants to send food he's excited about, and he doesn't care about a theme. But everyone does a theme.

So, we are having corn chips (bagged); homemade salsa (in small plastic container); chocolate truffles rolled in cinnamon, which is a very Mexican flavor combination (also in a small container), and maybe little boxes of Hot Tamales candies.

Not sure how to put it all together and what we are writing on them--poem, etc... Help me creative types!

And NO we are not dressing up to go with the mishloach manot. Dh and I decided not to dress up this year and kids are doing whatever. I only know DS this year and he is going to be Blue from Blue's Clues because I already have the outfit or a dinosaur because a friend has the outfit.

TIA.

Last edited by ElTam on Sun, Jan 06 2013, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 3:31 pm
Give them in an upside down sombrero type hat?

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 3:37 pm
Little paper mache pinatas?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 4:14 pm
Yes, I've used sombreros to hold the MM and then wrapped in cellophane a number of years ago. We bought them in dozen increments.
We did tortilla chips, salsa, mexican beer, don't remember what else. Also used a chili pepper keychain to tie the cellophane.

ElTam

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 4:23 pm
ra_mom, how did you tie Mexico and Purim together.

ally

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 4:24 pm
No coke?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 4:31 pm
ElTam wrote:
ra_mom, how did you tie Mexico and Purim together.
I didn't.
I wasn't/am not into themes, but I was newly married at the time, and found out close to Purim that dh really wanted to do a theme and dress up.
This was the simplest I could come up with so close to Purim. And I was pregnant, so needed a fitting costume.
I made an order with Oriental Trading for 2 Mexican Ponchos, a dozen sombreros (2 of which we wore), and those chili peppers.
Put it all together Erev Purim, stuck a card in there that said Simchas Purim, from the ___'s.
It was actually kind of cute.

alte mamme

Post Sun, Jan 06 2013, 9:03 pm
how about wrapping it up like a burrito, either in some fabric or cellophane?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics