Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
WWYD - office upgrade?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 10:46 pm
I've been with my company since its inception a few years ago, and they've finally outgrown their office space. They've decided to move all of the technical people to a new space, and it's really drab, and I've been assigned to a very small office, as have most of my colleagues. A few are getting cubicles. The division directors are getting offices that are bigger and have windows.

After I saw the space, I complained to my boss that it's a depressing space and the fung shui is awful... not so much complaining for myself, but that it's really a lousy move for everyone.

So then he offered me one of the director-sized offices. He said it's because I've been with the company from the beginning, but I think it's basically just because I complained and he feels he can justify it because I've been there the longest.

Will it look bad for me to take the nicer office? There's at least one person who's senior to me in rank (but hasn't been with the company as long) who's getting one of the tiny windowless ones, and a few people who are senior to me who are currently working off-site and will get stuck with tiny offices or cubicles when they return. I'm worried about ayin hara and about not deserving an office as nice as the directors. OTOH, no one else complained, so maybe they don't mind?

What would you do?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 9:16 am
bump

amother

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 9:42 am
I would take it. Life is about opportunities and you aren't hurting anyone. If they a problem with that they will go to him just like you did. Unless they're your close friends and you are worried this mat effect your relationship?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics