Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Gluten Free Cupcakes PLEASE

voira

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 8:26 am
my dd has celiac and is having her first birthday in gan,(not hers her classmante) the mother wants to make cupcakes and I need a really delicious simple no fail recipe.
DD is 20 months and never had a cupcake before Sad

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 8:39 am
voira wrote:
my dd has celiac and is having her first birthday in gan,(not hers her classmante) the mother wants to make cupcakes and I need a really delicious simple no fail recipe.

So funny you should mention that because I just made a gf yellow cake yesterday and my kids love it!! It's a regular white cake recipe, and I substituted gf flour for regular and lemon extract for vanilla extract. Would you like the recipe?

voira

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 8:46 am
Please!!!!

cbsmommy

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 9:08 am
voira wrote:

You can make cupcakes using ANY of the gluten free cake recipes. Just cut the baking time down.
Vanilla cupcakes: http://www.grouprecipes.com/90......html
Chocolate: http://glutenfreemommy.com/no-.....cake/

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 9:50 am
White cake
1 c sugar (I use organic)
1/2 c butter (I use smart balance parve)
2 tsp vanilla extract (sub with the same amount of whatever flavoring you want)
1 1/2 c flour (I use a gluten free multi-blend, forgot the brand name)
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 c milk (I use soy or almond)

Preheat oven to 350, grease pan (grease or line muffin tin if making cupcakes)

Cream together sugar and butter. Add in one egg at a time. Stir in vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly add to mixture. Stir in milk, mix until batter is smooth.
Pour into pan or muffin tins.
For cake bake 30-40 minutes
For cupcakes bake 20-25 minutes (I did 25)

This was a regular white cake recipe and I just changed a few things. I didn't cut down on the amounts or cooking time.
What I've discovered is that if you use a multi blend flour, for most things you can use the same amount and you don't have to change the cooking time or the measurements or anything like that.

I was diagnosed at 13 months old, but after growing out of the symptoms as a kid, I haven't really been careful. I started being careful a few months ago, and I really see a difference.

Good luck to you and your daughter!

zigi

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 10:31 am
thanks for the tip! eema of 3, so far I was using the baking mixes. I like katz's cake mix. it was easy to use and even the non gf kids liked it.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 10:44 am
zigi wrote:
thanks for the tip! eema of 3, so far I was using the baking mixes. I like katz's cake mix. it was easy to use and even the non gf kids liked it.

I made a cake mix once, when I first started this whole thing a few moths ago, but it had a rice-y, grain-y taste and texture and I didn't like it. I prefer just converting a regular recipe to gluten free. After I out my baby in for a nap I will try to figure out what brand my flour is and let you know.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 10:47 am
And the best thing about being gf is that I now have a bigger repertoire for pesach, and I have a bigger variety for desserts and stuff :-)

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 6:05 pm
The brand is called authentic foods. It's a little on the pricey side, but then again so is everything gluten free.

asweet

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 10:04 pm
katz fudge mix taste absolutely delicious ! and not that expensive.

on the other hand I find in cupcakes I use a regular recipe and replace with an all purpose mix either

-gluten free pantry's all purpose flour - NO GRAINY AFTERTASTE!
-authentic flour

if your interested I have a recipe I pulled out of binah's chanuka magazine (they show it with a cream in the center) I followed the recipe exactly but replaced the flour to gf and it was super. let me know if interested and I'll type it up for you.

voira

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 8:29 am
Im in Israel so I dont have any of these cake mixes Sad I do have a cookie mix - can I use that for cupcakes?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 07 2014, 10:23 am
voira wrote:
Im in Israel so I dont have any of these cake mixes Sad I do have a cookie mix - can I use that for cupcakes?

Try it and see :-) they probably won't be the same consistency as regular cookies. I would recommend trying to find gf multi blend flour though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics