Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Akeres Habayis- Vaccines- Who's speaking???
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Maybe

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:40 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
In 1950 your kid might have died of tb or been paralyzed for life from polio.

How did TB "disappear" w/o a mandated vaccine ???

5*Mom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 12:56 pm
Maybe wrote:

TB is not a virus. It's a bacterium and it is treated with an antibiotic cocktail. Also, TB rates have been reduced in the developed world but TB has not actually disappeared. According to the CDC, in 2014 there were 9,421 diagnosed cases of TB in the US and 9.6 million cases worldwide.

Maybe

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:27 pm
http://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/vaccines/

Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is a vaccine for tuberculosis (TB) disease. This vaccine is not widely used in the United States,

chaiz

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:28 pm
5*Mom wrote:
TB is not a virus. It's a bacterium and it is treated with an antibiotic cocktail. Also, TB rates have been reduced in the developed world but TB has not actually disappeared. According to the CDC, in 2014 there were 9,421 diagnosed cases of TB in the US and 9.6 million cases worldwide.

Actually, if I am not mistaken, the numbers have risen in recent years. Not sure why. It could be due to antibiotic overuse but that is my own speculation as I do not think I saw that.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:30 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
You skipped GMOs and pesticides.

And
- BPA (recent study that there may be a connection between BPA and autism).
- cell phone radiation
- WIFI

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:36 pm
BCG isn't obligatory anymore here. But many still want.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 1:43 pm
Maybe wrote:

TB disappear? Have you ever heard of XDR-TB, it is a big problem in the developing world. It is one of the most un-treatable infectious diseases.

TB is not existent in the first world because TB was treated with antibiotics to near extinction. Treatment with antibiotics led to the selection of these surviving XDR-strains. A good vaccine would have been better because then MDR/XDR strains would likely not have emerged. There is the BCG vaccine which is still given in some places in the world -it just isn't the most effective vaccine. There are people trying to make TB vaccines.

Temilia

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 2:34 pm
I live in South Africa, which has one of the highest rates of tb infection in the world and the tb vaccination is routinely given at birth here.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 2:55 pm
So why in the place where we dont vaccinate, US, is it almost non existant, but high in the place where they do vaccinate?
Is the vaccine not effective or do not alot of people get it?

chaiz

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 2:58 pm
amother wrote:
So why in the place where we dont vaccinate, US, is it almost non existant, but high in the place where they do vaccinate?

Maybe you have it backwards. The places that have high rates of TB want to do something to prevent occurrence of TB so they vaccinate routinely against it.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:04 pm
chaiz wrote:
Maybe you have it backwards. The places that have high rates of TB want to do something to prevent occurrence of TB so they vaccinate routinely against it.

No. The US vaccinates against diseases with low levels of occurance to prevent the disease from occuring I.e. measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough etc.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:

Like diet soda all the overwieghts drink it

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
Like diet soda all the overwieghts drink it

Exactly. Studies show that the artificial sugar tricks the brain into a glucose response and leads to obesity. So ultimately, yes, diet soda leads to obesity hence all the obese people drinking it. But, back to vaccines...

I was just asking why we dont vaccinate and dont have the disease but the country that does vaccinate has such a high occurance? Valid question

why the hug? I did not post an emotional issue that would warrant one. Were a snuggly family so I get tons of those daily BH!

Heyaaa

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:48 pm
amother wrote:
Exactly. Studies show that the artificial sugar tricks the brain into a glucose response and leads to obesity. So ultimately, yes, diet soda leads to obesity hence all the obese people drinking it. But, back to vaccines...

I was just asking why we dont vaccinate and dont have the disease but the country that does vaccinate has such a high occurance? Valid question

why the hug? I did not post an emotional issue that would warrant one. Were a snuggly family so I get tons of those daily BH!

Have you ever been to South Africa?

A lot of the country is third world. Like people living in tin houses with no electricity or running water. Definitely not sanitary there. I doubt they have access to antibiotics or most forms of modern medicine.

Also all the countries bordering on South Africa are mainly third world.

5*Mom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:53 pm
amother wrote:

From the admittedly little that I have read about TB, it appears to be a complex disease and the BCG vaccine is only about 60% effective at preventing infection-to-disease progression, but even less effective at preventing infection.

suremom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 3:57 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
Have you ever been to South Africa?

A lot of the country is third world. Like people living in tin houses with no electricity or running water. Definitely not sanitary there. I doubt they have access to antibiotics or most forms of modern medicine.

Also all the countries bordering on South Africa are mainly third world.

So are you attributing the decline of TB to sanitary conditions?
then why do you think only this disease declined because of it? why not more diseases?

Heyaaa

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:03 pm
suremom wrote:
then why do you think only this disease declined because of it? why not more diseases?

No I was responding to the poster who wants to know why tb is much more common in SA than it is in the US.

To clarify, I barely know the first thing about tb. When I mentioned the sanitary conditions I meant that if the disease is there I would imagine it spreads like wildfire. I then mentioned the lack of modern medicine. I don't know if these communities have access to modern medicine but I would imagine that even if they do, it is an extremely limited supply.

Last edited by Heyaaa on Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:07 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
No I was responding to the poster who wants to know why tb is much more common in SA than it is in the US.

So is TB the only disease that is more common? Or all diseases by nature of the fact that it is in close proximity to 3rd world countries?

Heyaaa

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:09 pm
amother wrote:
So is TB the only disease that is more common? Or all diseases by nature of the fact that it is in close proximity to 3rd world countries?

I have no idea.

suremom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 4:22 pm
suremom wrote:

Heyaaa wrote:

so are you saying that sanitary conditions is 1 reason why?(other one being they dont have as much access modern medicine?)
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics