Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump is a sick egotistical and dangerous maniac!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Mevater

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 7:51 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Watch the video again, without any media bias. Listen to his words carefully, watch his body language and the laughter from people around him, I think you will find that he is not really warning or threatening anyone with anything.

And youre ok with Trump not knowing who David Duke is, and White Supremacists? He knows just as much about them, as he knows about Mexican rapists, but for some reason he had a lapse in memory when asked about David Duke. Why?

wondergirl

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 7:55 pm
Mevater wrote:
And youre ok with Trump not knowing who David Duke is, and White Supremacists? He knows just as much about them, as he knows about Mexican rapists, but for some reason he had a lapse in memory when asked about David Duke. Why?

I stopped listening to the media after they lied about him and twisted the things he said or taking it out of context the first few times. Post the video of him talking about it (and leave the media bias out of it) and I will let you know what I think of it.

Mevater

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:10 pm
wondergirl wrote:
I stopped listening to the media after they lied about him and twisted the things he said or taking it out of context the first few times. Post the video of him talking about it (and leave the media bias out of it) and I will let you know what I think of it.

Media bias or wondergirl bias? Tell us what you think.

wondergirl

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:25 pm
Mevater wrote:
Media bias or wondergirl bias? Tell us what you think.

Here is another video, which one do you think I should believe?

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:28 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Watch the video again, without any media bias. Listen to his words carefully, watch his body language and the laughter from people around him, I think you will find that he is not really warning or threatening anyone with anything.

I was shown a printout from a NYT news report on Hitler written in 1937. The reporter was quoting people who were talking about how Hitler was simply using these mass emotions like antisemitism to build a political base and that he really didn't mean any of it seriously.

Now of course Trump is nowhere near Hitler, but the ick factor is there to quote the poster who used the expression upthread.

Mevater

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:32 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Here is another video, which one do you think I should believe?

The newer one. He said he "disavows" David Duke one day, and two days later said he doesnt know who David Duke is and then excused it away a day or two later, saying his earpiece wasnt working, but he did CLEARLY repeat the name "David Duke", when answering the question, so his earpiece WAS working.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:32 pm
I couldn't quote wondergirl's college post, but seriously? The liberals are the icks?

The entire Republican party is horrified at the prospect of him becoming their candidate. This is not an exclusively liberal issue.

I wonder if someone will do the right thing and split the Republican vote with a third-party candidate.

Ladies, staunch Republicans, will you vote for an independent just to keep Trump out of office, even if it means the Democrat will win?

wondergirl

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:36 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I was shown a printout from a NYT news report on Hitler written in 1937. The reporter was quoting people who were talking about how Hitler was simply using these mass emotions like antisemitism to build a political base and that he really didn't mean any of it seriously.

Now of course Trump is nowhere near Hitler, but the ick factor is there to quote the poster who used the expression upthread.

I wonder why the liberal NYT is ignoring Hillary Clinton's ties with the KKK? Double standards? Hypocrisy? Acceptable for democrats? Acceptable for liberals?

wondergirl

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:41 pm
Mevater wrote:
The newer one. He said he "disavows" David Duke one day, and two days later said he doesnt know who David Duke is and then excused it away a day or two later, saying his earpiece wasnt working, but he did CLEARLY repeat the name "David Duke", when answering the question, so his earpiece WAS working.

So if he clearly disavowed the group two days earlier then why the hell did cnn address it again and ask him about it again two days later? Was this from an earlier day but was posted on the internet after he already disavowed the KKK?

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:45 pm
wondergirl wrote:
I wonder why the liberal NYT is ignoring Hillary Clinton's ties with the KKK? Double standards? Hypocrisy? Acceptable for democrats? Acceptable for liberals?

You call having a good relationship with a colleague (elected by American citizens) who regretted his racist past, "having ties with the KKK"?

That's it, I'm done discussing this with you.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:48 pm
And thank you for the hugs, wondergirl. They are kind of pathetic in this context. I accept all virtual hugs as a sign of "love" for my posts.

Hug

Wink

wondergirl

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:49 pm
youngishbear wrote:
You call having a good relationship with a colleague (elected by American citizens) who regretted his racist past, "having ties with the KKK"?

That's it, I'm done discussing this with you.

You think he is no longer racist because he said he is sorry? Or because the people in his state (including all the members of the KKK) elected him? Right. Because that is exactly how racism works in this country lol.

ETA: Apparently David Duke left the KKK as well. So if its okay for Hillary to be associated with a former kkk member then it should be okay for Trump as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....itics

Last edited by wondergirl on Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:53 pm
wondergirl wrote:
You think he is no longer racist because he said he is sorry? Or because the people in his state (including all the members of the KKK) elected him? Right. Because that is exactly how racism works in this country lol.

I think calling a working relationship with a colleague "ties to the KKK" is such nonsense that you have lost all credibility. Good night.

wondergirl

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 8:59 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I think calling a working relationship with a colleague "ties to the KKK" is such nonsense that you have lost all credibility. Good night.

Apparently David Duke left the KKK as well. So if its okay for Hillary to be associated with a former kkk member then it should be okay for Trump as well. The double standards here is appalling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....itics

seeker

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 9:28 pm
There's a lot of stuff upthread that is an issue for me as well, but one of the things that bothers me most about Trump is how he just about never answers a question. Especially a hard question. He'll say stuff but usually nothing that is directly relevant to the question, and if it's relevant it still isn't a clear answer. He has a lot of opinions but not a lot of substance. What bugs me is that these vast amounts of people are willing to vote for someone who won't give a straight answer even to very reasonable questions. I could understand the appeal of strong opinions even if I don't always agree with them, but I am a fairly straight shooter and cannot understand why anyone would vote for someone who evades questions like that.

That's besides him seeming unstable. Also his lack of manners is not going to be good for international relations. I totally agree that we can't have a people-pleaser for president but you can be firm in your position while still being diplomatic. Trump gets a big kick out of saying he doesn't need to answer to anyone and can tick off whoever he wants because he doesn't need their money, but that is not a very safe attitude in global affairs.

The man is applying for the position of Commander in Chief and Cheif Executive of our entire country, and I think it seems that a majority of voters have no idea what that entails. I think their intention is to vote for him as a talk show host and they don't seem to know the difference.

Heyaaa

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 9:54 pm
seeker wrote:
There's a lot of stuff upthread that is an issue for me as well, but one of the things that bothers me most about Trump is how he just about never answers a question. Especially a hard question. He'll say stuff but usually nothing that is directly relevant to the question, and if it's relevant it still isn't a clear answer. He has a lot of opinions but not a lot of substance. What bugs me is that these vast amounts of people are willing to vote for someone who won't give a straight answer even to very reasonable questions. I could understand the appeal of strong opinions even if I don't always agree with them, but I am a fairly straight shooter and cannot understand why anyone would vote for someone who evades questions like that.

That's besides him seeming unstable. Also his lack of manners is not going to be good for international relations. I totally agree that we can't have a people-pleaser for president but you can be firm in your position while still being diplomatic. Trump gets a big kick out of saying he doesn't need to answer to anyone and can tick off whoever he wants because he doesn't need their money, but that is not a very safe attitude in global affairs.

The man is applying for the position of Commander in Chief and Cheif Executive of our entire country, and I think it seems that a majority of voters have no idea what that entails. I think their intention is to vote for him as a talk show host and they don't seem to know the difference.

A few months ago I said that most of this country is rednecks (you can choose to not like that word) and that is who he is appealing to. I was mocked for saying it.

Yesterday I read an article that said that most of his supporters are those without college educations. Aside from the many big cities, most of this country is, well, country. he's not trying to appeal to you. He's appealing to the majority of this country and they don't care about foreign relations or what really effects the economy. They like him because he's rich and because he says "I will make America great" with a lot of confidence. After he's made himself sound like an idiot (such as when he said that he didn't know who David duke is), his excuses are usually pathetic and immature but that's why he gets away with it. If your response is that your earpiece isn't working, you've completely taken back what you said but now we don't know what you think about it. Which is great for him and it's great for his suppoerters. It's great for him because he can say something and test the waters for a few hours to see if it was appreciated, and if it wasn't he can just say he never heard the question. It's great for his supporters because he's still flawless.

seeker

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 10:31 pm
Saying random things in a confident voice and putting down anyone who disagrees with you does not constitute a strong opinion. Ugh I am so disappointed in our overall population right now. You don't need a college education to figure out that a reply to a question should include an answer, or that a rebuttal should include some reason and not just insults. Uggggghhh!

Actually I have seen decent politicians reply to questions without answering them, but it was always to provide some kind of argument. Such as when a reporter asks Netanyahu or Shapiro or someone a question like "How can you justify attacking unarmed civilians?" and instead of answering the question they say something like "Excuse me, please check your facts about who is attacking unarmed civilians." RELEVANT. You ask Trump something like "How do you plan to raise employment rates and decrease poverty in America?" and he answers "Oh yes we all want to help the poor. We need to make America great again. Right, you want to live the American dream. I'm living the American dream. Actually I bought the trademark to American dream last year and if Cruz mentions it he is breaking the law. You can't vote for a criminal like that. I don't have to answer to anyone so don't worry about a thing."

marina

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 10:43 pm
To me, Trump seems more drunk than dangerous.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 11:00 pm
marina wrote:
To me, Trump seems more drunk than dangerous.

A drunk commander-in-chief IS dangerous.

seeker

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 11:11 pm
In a creepy way he and his campaign remind me of Obama but worse and I can't believe people are making the same choice after 8 years of him. I thought Obama was too full of himself and not clear enough on substance either, and won on charisma and campaign strategy and saying what people liked to hear - and really, isn't "change" and "make America great again" a pretty similar slogan? Yet even Obama had more coherent things to say than Trump - though that's not saying much.
Page 2 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics