Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump is a sick egotistical and dangerous maniac!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:24 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Wow. I didn't realize that Trump was so weak and ineffective that he was being misquoted all over. Are they splicing some things? Can you give us examples? Poor Don, nebach.

Trump? Weak?

Na. He sues those people.

Or threatens to, anyway. It's all in the same chapter in his playbook.

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:25 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Sorry but your guilt trip is not going to work on me. Mostly because my parents are immigrants but they did it legally, learned English, took and passed the citizenship test, etc. And they didn't break American law but did it despite the fact that it took a long time so others can do it as well. But it is not fair to them that people are now breaking American law to come here and are being rewarded for it while they are at it.

It is also not fair to American citizens either. There are poor American citizens who can't afford food, housing, etc. There are American citizens who are not getting educated properly and/or can't afford college. There are poor American citizens who can't afford health insurance, or mental health counseling, etc. There are American citizens who are active in gangs which puts children in some neighborhood in a very dangerous situation. etc, etc.

If the migrants in Europe have it so bad in their countries, then why are they raping, attacking, and/or killing European women? Is this what you want here in America as well? If crime is so rampant in some countries, then why is no one cleaning it up? Why are the men escaping instead of fighting it? And why do they join gangs or commit other crimes if they really just wanted a safe place to live (obviously I am not generalizing but seriously, if they don't care about American law then why would they care about anything else)?
It is not fair to American citizens who get punished for breaking the law while illegal aliens are obviously above the law. And if you feel bad for illegal aliens because they faced hardships in their countries (because the media said so), then you should have the same compassion for American citizens who faced hardships in America. Which essentially means that you would need to stop punishing American citizens for breaking the law as well. And if that is the case then why bother having laws altogether? Just get rid of all the laws and let people do whatever they want. That will be the fairest thing to do, no?
But if a presidential candidate says that he will find a way to protect American citizens from further harm then why would you not want that? Because as far as I understand, the job of the American President is first and foremost to protect and ensure the safety of American citizens, not illegal aliens. Do you really want a commandeer-in-chief to care more about foreigners/illegal aliens than his/her own constituents? And why?

Sorry I guess for a guilt trip to work on you you would have to have a heart.

If you care about the working poor of America you should be voting for Sanders.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:29 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Trump? Weak?

Na. He sues those people.

Or threatens to, anyway. It's all in the same chapter in his playbook.

Wake me up when he wins a few. There are several more that pop to mind besides my earlier list on this thread. Targeting families of terrorists is one. He just said it again in last week's debate, that don't tell him that the wives of the terrorists don't know what their husbands are up to and are complicit.
Diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain are not endearing traits in a presidential candidate.

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:30 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I'm sorry but you may have Google and your own liberal bleeding heart
I on the other hand have life experience and speak Spanish fluently

Most of the Hispanics I have been exposed to in Lakewood/monsey are very big antisemites

That probably says more about Lakewood/Monsey than it does about Hispanics.

But what's your point, anyway? That people who have prejudices don't deserve human/civil rights? Okay great, that means that we can put all of the Trump supporters in the Gulag without feeling guilty.

I'm from California and I also speak Spanish. There's a whole big world out there that's not Lakewood/Monsey.

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:31 pm
Sadie wrote:

A number of people, who I know personally, grew up financially strapped, were B"H blessed with intellect and motivation, and worked their way up the ladder over the years through hard work and commitment, to make a nice income. They are the poor working people of america that I respect and am proud to know. And Sanders would not be good for them.

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:36 pm
gold21 wrote:
A number of people, who I know personally, grew up financially strapped, were B"H blessed with intellect and motivation, and worked their way up the ladder over the years through hard work and commitment, to make a nice income. They are the poor working people of america that I respect and am proud to know. And Sanders would not be good for them.

We disagree that people only deserve respect if they're intelligent and financially successful.
Every building that houses a CEO needs janitors. Our society would crumble without them. And those janitors deserve health care, and the children of those janitors deserve to go to decent schools.

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:47 pm
Sadie wrote:
We disagree that people only deserve respect if they're intelligent and financially successful.
Every building that houses a CEO needs janitors. Our society would crumble without them. And those janitors deserve health care, and the children of those janitors deserve to go to decent schools.

Isnt healthcare and schooling available to all low income US citizens?

wondergirl

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:48 pm
Sadie wrote:

You are right, I don't have a heart. I only became a social worker because I am a cold-blooded person who doesn't care about human beings especially if they are American citizens. LOL

I would vote for Sanders if he would promise to eliminate student loan debt. And then not tax my already high-taxed, low income salary just so he can send some kids to college because then I wouldn't be able to afford to live and would need to be on govt programs as well. These kids can join the army and go to school on the GI bill or take out student loans like everyone else. I would vote for Sanders but I am scared that the Palestinians will take advantage of him since he is Jewish and they will want him to not show any biases towards Jews and things will be worse for Israel/Jews as a result.

But then again, you said I don't have a heart so why would I care about any of this? Hmm.. You are very persuasive, maybe I will vote for Sanders after all.. Then I will just have to flee from America but where will I go if there is no other safe country in the world and everyone else is coming to America because it is too dangerous to stay in their country? Hmm.. What a dilemma.. Exploding anger

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:58 pm
wondergirl wrote:
You are right, I don't have a heart. I only became a social worker because I am a cold-blooded person who doesn't care about human beings especially if they are American citizens. LOL

I would vote for Sanders if he would promise to eliminate student loan debt. And then not tax my already high-taxed, low income salary just so he can send some kids to college because then I wouldn't be able to afford to live and would need to be on govt programs as well. These kids can join the army and go to school on the GI bill or take out student loans like everyone else. I would vote for Sanders but I am scared that the Palestinians will take advantage of him since he is Jewish and they will want him to not show any biases towards Jews and things will be worse for Israel/Jews as a result.

But then again, you said I don't have a heart so why would I care about any of this? Hmm.. You are very persuasive, maybe I will vote for Sanders after all.. Then I will just have to flee from America but where will I go if there is no other safe country in the world and everyone else is coming to America because it is too dangerous to stay in their country? Hmm.. What a dilemma.. Exploding anger

You want Sanders to eliminate your student loan debt but you want current applicants to take out student loans? So free college for me but not for thee?

Either crushing debt or poor kids should risk their lives for education/health care?

If you're really a social worker, I worry about any undocumented immigrant (or child of) who might be referred to your caseload. Unless you have a strict citizen only policy, which I would grudgingly recommend you stick to, since I don't think you could put your prejudices aside to care for them the way they deserve.

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:59 pm
gold21 wrote:

No.

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:02 pm
gold21 wrote:

No it isn't. Many states do not have Medicaid for poor or for working poor. That means chronic health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure are untreated.

Schools in many poor areas lack sufficient funding. Google the Detroit schoo, system where the teachers recently struck because the schools are filled with nicer rats, mod because there is no money.

There is insufficient funding for programs like head start which really can make a difference.

I can't believe that people really think the Republicans whose party favors tax cuts fr the obscenely wealthy really is the party for middle class people working people.

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:07 pm
Amarante wrote:
No it isn't. Many states do not have Medicaid for poor or for working poor. That means chronic health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure are untreated.

Schools in many poor areas lack sufficient funding. Google the Detroit schoo, system where the teachers recently struck because the schools are filled with nicer rats, mod because there is no money.

There is insufficient funding for programs like head start which really can make a difference.

I can't believe that people really think the Republicans whose party favors tax cuts fr the obscenely wealthy really is the party for middle class people working people.

which states lack medicaid programs?
public education, which schools specifically have multitudes of rats running around?

why cant you believe that people feel the republican party is the party for working middle class people? you mean to say, you believe everyone should see things through your eyes and you have no respect for diversified opinions, but expect others to respect your point of view?

wondergirl

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:14 pm
Sadie wrote:
You want Sanders to eliminate your student loan debt but you want current applicants to take out student loans? So free college for me but not for thee?

Either crushing debt or poor kids should risk their lives for education/health care?

If you're really a social worker, I worry about any undocumented immigrant (or child of) who might be referred to your caseload. Unless you have a strict citizen only policy, which I would grudgingly recommend you stick to, since I don't think you could put your prejudices aside to care for them the way they deserve.

The student loans that people are paying back with interest is being used to fund current students who take out loans. So if you are going to raise taxes to allow kids to go to college for free, then eliminate the student loan debt from the people who will be paying said taxes as well, this way they will actually be able to afford to pay the taxes. Unless you are not asking them to pay extra taxes until they pay off their own student loans, so only people without student loans will be paying taxes to fund the college education for young adults. Otherwise, you are penalizing people who are repaying their loans by also making them pay more taxes to pay tuition for college students so they are essentially paying double or even triple (because of interest) for college. But I guess that is fair in your mind so who am I to argue?

As for being a social worker, suppose I work in prison and have been asked by American citizens in prison why they are being punished for breaking the law while illegal aliens are not punished but are being rewarded for breaking the law. These american prisoners have had tough lives and have horror stories that rival that of the illegal aliens. What do you think I should tell them?

Last edited by wondergirl on Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:20 pm
gold21 wrote:
which states lack medicaid programs?
public education, which schools specifically have multitudes of rats running around?

why cant you believe that people feel the republican party is the party for working middle class people? you mean to say, you believe everyone should see things through your eyes and you have no respect for diversified opinions, but expect others to respect your point of view?

There are many people who do not qualify for medicaid yet are nevertheless too poor to afford decent health insurance. For many working poor the only access to health care they have is the emergency room. Talk about a waste of taxpayer money.

As for schools, look up Jonathan Kozol and check out his books, especially Savage Inequalities: Children in America's Schools.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:27 pm
wondergirl wrote:
The student loans that people are paying back with interest is being used to fund current students who take out loans. So if you are going to raise taxes to allow kids to go to college for free, then eliminate the student loan debt from the people who will be paying said taxes as well, this way they will actually be able to afford to pay the taxes. Unless you are not asking them to pay extra taxes until they pay off their own student loans, so only people without student loans will be paying taxes to fund the college education for young adults. Otherwise, you are penalizing people who are repaying their loans by also making them pay more taxes to pay tuition for college students so they are essentially paying double or even triple (because of interest) for college. But I guess that is fair in your mind so who am I to argue?

As for being a social worker, suppose I work in prison and have been asked by American citizens in prison why they are being punished for breaking the law while illegal aliens are not punished but are being rewarded for breaking the law. These american prisoners have had tough lives and have horror stories that rival that of the illegal aliens. What do you think I should tell them?

Tell them they should use their brilliant legal mind to study law while in prison. They can even break free of the dysfunctional cycle if they persist in their efforts.

Don't feed their victim mentality, please. Don't they teach that to social workers?

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:32 pm
wondergirl wrote:
The student loans that people are paying back with interest is being used to fund current students who take out loans. So if you are going to raise taxes to allow kids to go to college for free, then eliminate the student loan debt from the people who will be paying said taxes as well. This way they will actually be able to afford the taxes. Unless you are not asking them to pay extra taxes until they pay off their own student loans, so only people without student loans will be paying taxes to fund the college education for young adults. Otherwise, you are penalizing people who are repaying their loans by also making them pay more taxes to pay tuition for college students so they are essentially paying double or even triple (because of interest) for college. But I guess that is fair in your mind so who am I to argue?

If you're really a social worker earning a social worker's salary, your taxes will not be raised. I find it hard to believe that someone who graduated college and grad school would think that Bernie Sanders is after social workers' megabuck tax money.

I don't know what to tell you about the prisons. I don't believe you work in one. You have no knowledge of what undocumented immigrants do and don't get jailed for.

There are many many American citizens who are in prison now who don't deserve to be there. And if you think Trump is going to help them you're farther gone than I thought.

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:35 pm
The issue of lack of Medicaid coverage especially in the Red States is well documented

http://kff.org/medicaid/fact-s.....chip/

20 states that have not expanded Medicaid, the median eligibility limit for parents is 42% FPL; other adults remain ineligible in all of these state except Wisconsin (Figure 3). In 13 of these states, parent eligibility is at less than half of the poverty level, and only three of these states (ME, TN, and WI) cover parents at or above poverty. Wisconsin is the only non-expansion state that provides full Medicaid coverage to childless adults, although eligibility at 100% FPL remains below the expansion level.2 In the other non-expansion states, parents and other adults with incomes above Medicaid eligibility limits but below poverty fall into a coverage gap; they are ineligible for Medicaid and do not qualify for subsidies for Marketplace coverage, which are only available to those with incomes at or above 100%
FPL.

The disparity in income exacerbated by Republican tax breaks for the wealthiest and corporations is also well documented. I would urge you to read any non biased analysis of who benefits and who is hurt by various Republican tax plans especially the flat rate. Not sure why anyone who isn't in the 1% thinks the Republican tax measures and economic policies helpful to the middle class. Of course some people still believe in the trickle down theory which has been proven to be a fraud. I do applaud the Republicans fr managing to disguise their actual intentions and policies and snooker people into believing they have the interests of the middle class.

wondergirl

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:37 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Tell them they should use their brilliant legal mind to study law while in prison. They can even break free of the dysfunctional cycle if they persist in their efforts.

Don't feed their victim mentality, please. Don't they teach that to social workers?

So if they are American citizens then they have a victim mentality which should not be validated but if they are illegal aliens then they don't have a victim mentality and should therefore be validated? Why do you consider illegal aliens to be above the law who need to be validated and rewarded for breaking the law because of their hard lives if you don't even have compassion for American citizens who are punished harshly for breaking the law despite having hard lives as well? Wouldn't that be considered double standards?

wondergirl

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:46 pm
Sadie wrote:
If you're really a social worker earning a social worker's salary, your taxes will not be raised. I find it hard to believe that someone who graduated college and grad school would think that Bernie Sanders is after social workers' megabuck tax money.

So my taxes won't be raised. Great. But what about the dr, lawyer, etc. who may have a higher salary but also has higher student loans to pay back? Will they have to pay more taxes to enable kids to go to college for free? And do you think they will be able to afford to pay more taxes on top of student loans and interest plus all the other expenses they may have?

Sadie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:47 pm
wondergirl wrote:
So if they are American citizens then they have a victim mentality which should not be validated but if they are illegal aliens then they don't have a victim mentality and should therefore be validated? Why do you consider illegal aliens to be above the law who need to be validated and rewarded for breaking the law because of their hard lives if you don't even have compassion for American citizens who are punished harshly for breaking the law despite having hard lives as well? Wouldn't that be considered double standards?

What you should do is make sure to take one oppressed and disenfranchised group of people, and then convince them that that source of their problems is a different oppressed and disenfranchised group of people. It has amazing historical precedent: before the Mexicans, Nativists used the same tactic against the Chinese, the Japanese, the Irish, the Italians, and the Jews. It works beautifully. Keep the dogs snarling at each other over the bone and they won't notice who's eating the steak. You must actually be quite brilliant if you thought of this strategy on your own instead of reading about it in a Howard Zinn book.
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics