Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Could you help me choose a treadmill?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 12:16 am
I'm interested in buying a treadmill. I have no idea what to look for, which company, etc. Could you help me out? TIA!

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 12:48 am
If I may, I would recommend an elliptical glider instead. The better things are, gives you a full body workout, and shaping. Has no impact on the knees, unlike walking. I have used it in the past, and hope to use it again soon.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 8:34 am
You might as well just purchase some extra hangers for your clothing. That's what treadmills are inevitably used for, despite all best intentions Smile

amother

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 9:00 am
I got a great treadmill on HSN I think, online. It was $600 approx. with 5-6 monthly payments. And I use it regularly. Feels great. Gotta stay in a routine or else it's hard.

MahPitom

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 4:18 pm
you can have my clothes-dryer for $100

greeneyes

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 5:43 pm
How much do you want to spend?

I bought mine about 5 years ago at Sears. It's a pro-form 765, but I just checked their website and it seems like they may not be making this exact model anymore. I have been very happy with it though, so I would definitely recommend other models by this company. At Sears you can buy a warantee, which I did. I had a problem once and they came right away to fix it: the service was excellent.

While it's true that you have to really be motivated in order to get use out of a treadmill, I have gotten a lot of use out of mine over the years. If you live far from a gym (like I do Crying), it can be a really convenient way to exercise.

rosehill

Post Thu, Aug 30 2007, 6:22 pm
I have the proform 695
http://www.proform.com/webapp/.....kInfo
which I love. DH and I each use it several times a week. We previously had another proform for about 7 years, but my kids broke it.
It's not as powerful as some of the proffessional gym machines, but shold last for quite some time if you're only putting a few miles on it each week.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 10:49 am
It would pay to visit a gym and try several so you know what you like. Are you sure you want a treadmill, as compared to a bike or rower or Bowflex?

lucky

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 11:26 am
Does anyone have a treadmill that you no longer use? I am looking to buy a used treadmill.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 11:41 am
Hey, Lucky, haven’t seen you in a while!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics