Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does your dh cry?
1  2  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 4:59 pm
Were married over a decade and my dh never cries. I shouldnt say never, he cried twice. Once in the operating room during my c section he couldnt handle what I was going through and his emotions were so intense. At one point he started fainting and the nurses rushed him out briefly, he refused to miss the birth and rushed back in just in time. He cried so hard and long (a room full of dr's and would usually be ashamed) but the moment the baby was born was a huge relief of emotions.
The other time was after his father passed away and he just got up from shiva (was sitting at his fathers house out of town) he called me from the car and I just wanted him home after a long week away and he began sobbing so loud I got scared. Reality hit so I told him to stay anther day and then he came to pick us up and we spent shabbos there.
Other than that he never cried. He had a very difficult childhood and I think he shuts out emotions a lot. I dont know if its healthy so im wondering if this is completely crazy.
I cry often. I can cry when I watch an emotional clip, a childs chumash seuda, an emotional simcha, ect.
I know men arent as emotional as women but wondering if this is way off..

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:05 pm
My dh supposedly teared up when my first child was born. I've never seen him cry. We've been married a little shorter then you but not so much. His mother told me she's seen him cry and she was really sad when she said that. My dh had a very difficult childhood. I cry a lot and am very emotional. I asked him to see a therapist because I was concerned about how his childhood affected him and the therapist said that he was fine Smile Some people irrespective of gender are more emotional then others and show their emotions differently as well.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:09 pm
I have never seen my dh cry. I have k'h a lot of boys, and I have never seen any of them cry past a certain age, and I'm hoping they all had good childhoods!

Maybe it's a guy thing.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:12 pm
Most people don't cry in public/in front of others

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:14 pm
Nope. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him cry. Not sure I’d know how to respond if he did. I’m a veritable fountain, but since he’s not me, why should I expect him to be one too? Maybe he cries in private but I wouldn’t know.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:14 pm
I wouldn't call spouse public Wink have you ever cried in front of your dh? I have many times.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:16 pm
I think us "fountains" Wink have a tendency to marry guys who are more our "rock".

Shoshana37

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:20 pm
It's a guy thing, never saw my dad cry or my husband. I don't think I've seen my son cry after age 11 either.

Boca00

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:23 pm
Shoshana37 wrote:
It's a guy thing, never saw my dad cry or my husband. I don't think I've seen my son cry after age 11 either.

Agreed. I can't remember seeing my father cry, and I have only seen my husband cry 2-3 times, one of which was when his Rav got sick and died.

mommish613

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:25 pm
Mine has cried when each of our babies were born. And by funerals. More than that would concern me

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:31 pm
I can't believe you all seem so surprised. It's very normal that men rarely cry. Women are just different. I saw my husband almost cry once. When one of my children was given his diagnosis his eyes were full of tears. That's the only time. Every time I think of it, I start crying.'

My father is extremely emotional for a guy and even he rarely cries. He does cry by all of our weddings and engagements. I remember two other times. When my great grandma died is one. The other was when his best friends son died. I remember that one very well and it always brings me tears. I remember him standing in his bedroom and sobbing hysterically. It breaks my heart till this day. It's about 15 years later.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:40 pm
I've seen my husband cry twice.
Once because he was hurt by something I said, and once because he was overwhelmed with our circumstances.

He said h also cried when his grandmother passed away, when he wasn't doing well in his yeshiva in Israel (before we met), and he said he would have cried from joy upon being engaged to and marrying me if he had let his guard down.

He has almost cried once or twice.

My father is very emotional (like me) and cries every erev Yom Kippur when he bentches us, as well as on any emotional (happy too!) occasion.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:06 pm
Married abt 5 years, tgese are the times he cried:
When he found out I was pregnant with my first (we had been trying for over a year)
When his grandfather died
When he told me that he was s*xually abused when he was 5 (he had repressed this for years and years and he just opened up this month)

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:13 pm
No never saw my husband cry and we are married 26 yes.
When his mother died I thought for sure he will CRT and I was afraid to see him cry but he didn't shed a tear.
When he had been in the hospital he never cried and any other emotional time he didn't cry.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:23 pm
My husband def cries but no sobbing- just quiet crying.

He cried when he was dealing with family drama, financial issues, in the yichud room and when I get mad at him. For a guy he's very emotional!

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:25 pm
My dh cried sukkas. We are in a terrible financial situation which in itself makes us very vulnerable, so when his parents acted nasty to us he broke down. I cry very easily but cudnt bare seeing him cry. It broke my heart

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:32 pm
I guess I have a sensitive dh now that I think of it. My husband doesn't usually cry but does suffer from anxiety and depression and will cry on occasion. Used to be a lot worse esp during nidda when we first got married, but is a lot better now on the correct dosage of Zoloft.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:35 pm
My husband cries sometimes. I don't know if I've ever seen him really bawl (although I know he does when there's an intense situation) but he definitely tears up at any emotional moments. I appreciate this about him and love the sensitive and caring side of him that it represents.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:44 pm
My DH started working his first job ever, right after our first child was born. He had no idea what to expect, & was at work from 6am-7pm. He was so overwhelmed when he came home, that he just broke down.
Also when a close family member was very sick & we would sit at his bedside for hours every night, he would cry.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:46 pm
My DH has cried in front of me a few times. The funny thing is he never cried besides for once before we got married. He says it’s because I brought out his emotions...he’s very emotional he just repressed it for years. The only time I saw him bawl though was when my son was born he was literally sobbing and had tears streaming from his face... this was in front of my mother lol! He still can’t get over the fact that he cried like that in front of her! Just the other day he got all teary cuz he said something that hurt me and he couldn’t get over what he said... it really touched me. I think he’s really unusual for a man though... so for all those who have hubbys who don’t cry I think it’s normal...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics