Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Phototherapy for eczema

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 7:59 pm
Has anyone done phototherapy for eczema for their child? Did it work and if it did work did it come back quickly? Is there an increased skin cancer risk?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 8:28 pm
I am not sure about phototherapy, but real sun for eczema is fantastic. But only if it is REALLY eczema. There is another condition that very commonly misdiagnosed as eczema, and that is steroid damage that occurs after treating eczema with steroids.

Once a person crosses over into that category, they can no longer handle sun, as sun will cause flaring of redness. The most important thing is to know what your child is really going through.

Have you used steroids in the past or any "herbal" creams?

Eczema is historically not severe; steroid damage can be very, very severe. The kids you see looking like burn victims are steroid damaged children misdiagnosed with eczema.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 8:49 pm
Blonde, please don't impose your OPINION as a fact. Eczema can be severe without treatment of steroids. You have an achriyus of other people seeing your rhetoric. There are too many kids and adults suffering from eczema and not getting proper treatment falsely assuming that what you are saying is true. The best advice is to follow the treatment regimen prescribed by a licensed dermatologists which is competent and reliable. This is a very sensitive issue and please respect those suffering desperately seeking relief.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 8:53 pm
Hotpink, what I am stating has nothing to do with opinion.

There is a board-certified research dermatologist and medical professor at UCLA who discovered this information long ago, and has been helping thousands of people heal from misinformed doctors over-prescribing steroids and damaging people.

There is a safe way to use steroids, and there is dangerous way. Most doctors do not know the difference.

There are many medical studies that prove this, and thousands upon thousands of patients that have healed or are healing from steroid damage.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 9:02 pm
amother wrote:
I am not sure about phototherapy, but real sun for eczema is fantastic. But only if it is REALLY eczema. There is another condition that very commonly misdiagnosed as eczema, and that is steroid damage that occurs after treating eczema with steroids.

Once a person crosses over into that category, they can no longer handle sun, as sun will cause flaring of redness. The most important thing is to know what your child is really going through.

Have you used steroids in the past or any "herbal" creams?

Eczema is historically not severe; steroid damage can be very, very severe. The kids you see looking like burn victims are steroid damaged children misdiagnosed with eczema.

That's ridiculous. I've seen kids with severe eczema that haven't used steroids.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 9:11 pm
Hotpink, you can think whatever you want, but I've seen hundreds of people with steroid damage that thought they'd never used steroids, and 99% of the time we were able to figure out when and how they had steroid exposure.

I was one of the worst "eczema" cases you ever saw... Now am almost healed.

There is a tremendous amount of misinformation floating around out there, and people are being damaged very severely.

Just to point out to you the fallacy of many doctors, look at the NEA (National Eczema Association) guidelines for steroid use:

They caution that steroids should never be used for more than two weeks.

Now, anybody with sechel will stop and say, "hey, wait a minute! There are different potencies of steroids, different types of skin, and different ages of people... does a two week blanket statement make sense?"

A little baby with a rash on the face being RXed two weeks of medium or potent strength steroids will almost garuanteed develop steroid damage, as babies absorb much more steroids due to thinness of skin and size, as well as the additionally increased thinness of facial skin.
But an adult with a rash on the hand, for instance, which is very thick skin, can often handle a two-week course of steroids without running into trouble, though it is a gamble.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 9:53 pm
Blonde bottom line what product are you selling just spill it out there is no question that you have an agenda. Just because there is A doctor doing research doesn't justify you generalizing all other medical professionals as reckless steroid pushers. Every decent dermatologist knows the seriousness of steroid overuse and is able to make a risk to benefit analysis and prescribe it when necessary

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 10:00 pm
Selling absolutely nothing. Just sick and tired of seeing people hurt, like I did.

When you spend 10 years of your life with flaming red rashes that come and go, you get pretty sick and tired of that horrific pain. And when finally you find out what you are really suffering from -- you have to share that info with the world.

And no, most derms DO NOT KNOW how to safely RX steroids. Fact.

Most of them have absolutely no idea how a steroid works or what the researchers who developed the creams had to say about them. Open any package of prescription steroids and read through the patient information packet. You’ll see these three sentences, though each has slightly different wording:

1. This medication may cause skin atrophy. (Translation: it can break down the skin.)
2. Damage may occur even with very short term use when used on the face, flexor areas, or intertriginous areas. (That’s where the skin is bendable and where the skin rubs together, such as the armpits or the groin.)
3. Children absorb even more steroids than adults.

Most doctors completely ignore this info.

This generation has a plethora of mediocre doctors and medical training. There are some great ones out there, but they are rare.

reality mom

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 10:43 pm
Blonde, I would love to hear more about how you were helped with your eczema. My teenage daughter is suffering tremendously, and we are refusing to use steroids, as we are aware of the dangers. How can I get in touch with you, if at all? You seem to have a lot of knowledge, (as do I, as that comes with the experience, unfortunately) . . I have, however, exhausted all options after trying all different types of natural regimens, from vitamins, to diet, etc.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 5:14 am
Send an email to the Skin Healing Gemach. They will send you a lot of information. It is free.

TSWfighter@gmail.com

reality mom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 6:47 am
Thank you

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 7:23 am
amother wrote:
Selling absolutely nothing. Just sick and tired of seeing people hurt, like I did.

When you spend 10 years of your life with flaming red rashes that come and go, you get pretty sick and tired of that horrific pain. And when finally you find out what you are really suffering from -- you have to share that info with the world.

And no, most derms DO NOT KNOW how to safely RX steroids. Fact.

Most of them have absolutely no idea how a steroid works or what the researchers who developed the creams had to say about them. Open any package of prescription steroids and read through the patient information packet. You’ll see these three sentences, though each has slightly different wording:

1. This medication may cause skin atrophy. (Translation: it can break down the skin.)
2. Damage may occur even with very short term use when used on the face, flexor areas, or intertriginous areas. (That’s where the skin is bendable and where the skin rubs together, such as the armpits or the groin.)
3. Children absorb even more steroids than adults.

Most doctors completely ignore this info.

This generation has a plethora of mediocre doctors and medical training. There are some great ones out there, but they are rare.

I don't know what doctors you've seen, but the pediatricians I work with 1. Always say not to use steroids on the face or groin area 2. Always say to use sparingly only during a bad outbreak and to use daily moisturizers otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics