Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump blames Synagogue shooting on lack of security
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

smile12345

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:19 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’m not understanding what’s wrong with encouraging more precautions such as armed guards....at this point I think it’s become absolutely necessary.

The problem is that he wasn't encouraging about the future, but speaking about the outcome of this specifically. The 'they didn't' he repeated at the end wasn't in very good taste.

(FTR, I don't live in the US so I don't have any strong association with any party. I'm usually more po-conservative though this sentiment didn't really sit right with me.)

Cheiny

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:19 pm
Mevater wrote:
Ideally, Tehillim coupled with potential preventative measures for the future.

Can’t argue with that.

Mevater

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:20 pm
Cheiny wrote:
This is so frightening and I can’t help thinking about what Rabbi Meir Kahane a”h said so long ago...

Every Jew a 22? I think the same when I hear news like this.

shoshanim999

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:23 pm
Mevater wrote:
Ideally, Tehillim coupled with potential preventative measures for the future.

I don't get it. Your title says that Trump is blaming the shooting on lack of security, yet you are suggesting preventative measures. Why when Trump suggests preventative measures do you say he's blaming the victims? Are you blaming the victims?

dancingqueen

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:25 pm
I’m so sick to my stomach. Why did this guy, or anyone, need 21 guns?

sushilover

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:26 pm
Hashem yeracheim.
Could we PLEASE at least wait until the victims are buried before turning this political?
This is grossing me out.

Mevater

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:38 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I don't get it. Your title says that Trump is blaming the shooting on lack of security, yet you are suggesting preventative measures. Why when Trump suggests preventative measures do you say he's blaming the victims? Are you blaming the victims?

I like much of what Trump does. But imho this specific solution for this specific problem wont cut it. Im watching CNN and even they say the website on which today's murderer spouted hate, and his plan to kill, isnt monitored AT ALL.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:45 pm
Kahana tsadak?

But seriously that misrepresent what he said

Jeanette

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 5:55 pm
sushilover wrote:
Hashem yeracheim.
Could we PLEASE at least wait until the victims are buried before turning this political?
This is grossing me out.

I'm sorry that this discussion is grossing you out.

Its important to draw clear bright lines between what happened last week and what happened this morning.

Trump and the Republican party are whipping up the masses with fear of a caravan from Central America invading our country funded by Soros. Now to you Soros is a leftist self hating Jew and you dont identify with him at all. Maybe you're even among those posters who wish him dead. But the low information voters who populate Trump rallies and Gab discussions dont hear "SOROS," they hear JEW. And one Jew is as good as another. This guy shot up a synagogue because JEWS are funding immigration to the US.

Trump was asked to tone down the rhetoric. He refused. He joked about it.

Yes, crazy people do crazy things. But in this case this person acted upon lies and conspiracy theories being spewed right from the top. That grosses ME out.

Greenbelle

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:07 pm
Please don't suggest that Trump is anything but loving towards our people and Israel.
He is a gift to us straight from above.
He's far from perfect... obviously there are many personality flaws.
but he is not responsible for the actions of one vile Nazi hater.
He is always sympathetic to us and all he did was suggest that better security
would go a long way toward safety.
Obviously he is looking from a purely secular perspective, but beefed up security is a good idea along with tefilla and tehillim.

smile12345

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:13 pm
Greenbelle wrote:
Please don't suggest that Trump is anything but loving towards our people and Israel.
Obviously he is looking from a purely secular perspective, but beefed up security is a good idea along with tefilla and tehillim.

He isn't responsible for his actions, but he is somewhat responsible for the rhetoric. It's pretty clear what fuelled this from what the shooter posted just before going in.

Cheiny

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:18 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:

Excuse me? My title? I’m not the OP, and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:19 pm
Bowers said he hated trump. Thinks trump is controlled by Jews.

You are intellectually dishonest if you ignore that

Cheiny

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:19 pm
Mevater wrote:
I like much of what Trump does. But imho this specific solution for this specific problem wont cut it. Im watching CNN and even they say the website on which today's murderer spouted hate, and his plan to kill, isnt monitored AT ALL.

The terrorist was in the Shul for an entire 20 minutes! Does anyone doubt that if anyone had had a weapon, some of it might’ve been cut short?

Fox

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:20 pm
Same thoughts here as on the other thread:

We need to all stand down. This was not a political crime. It was a manifestation of Eisav soneh Yaakov, a hatred that every ideology and political system can be twisted to embrace -- and most have at one time or another. Hatred of Jews finds sympathetic corners everywhere, and no place is ever immune.

Cheiny

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:21 pm
Greenbelle wrote:

Agree totally, and still shocked that Trump haters, along with the fake news media can’t pass up any opportunity to take shots at him...

Cheiny

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:21 pm
smile12345 wrote:
He isn't responsible for his actions, but he is somewhat responsible for the rhetoric. It's pretty clear what fuelled this from what the shooter posted just before going in.

Trump is responsible for every problem anyone on earth experiences, isn’t that right?

smile12345

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:22 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Agree totally, and still shocked that Trump haters, along with the fake news media can’t pass up any opportunity to take shots at him...

One doesn't have to be a hater to sometimes disagree with what he does. He isn't G-d.

Mevater

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 6:27 pm
Interestingly while many blame Trump for this, this Nazi HATED Trump (for not hating Jews):

His posts included criticism of President Trump
Among the many anti-Semitic social media posts were comments suggesting that President Trump was surrounded by too many Jewish people. "Trump is surrounded by k****", "things will stay the course," read one post on the Gab social media platform, which used a derogatory term to describe Jews. Another post, apparently intended as an insult, read: "Trump is a globalist, not a nationalist," Bowers said two days before the shooting. "There is no #MAGA as long as there is a k*** infestation.
He said he didn't vote for Trump
Roughly four hours before the shooting, Bowers commented in a post that he did not vote for Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27......html

Amarante

Post Sat, Oct 27 2018, 7:13 pm
I wonder if this murderer considered himself one of the good guys on that side after Trump absolved the neo-Nazis from their evil.

I wonder if Republicans really think violent, unhinged bigots should be able to buy weapons of war. I wonder how anyone can go to the polls and votes for these people who do nothing but make the country more unsafe and hate-filled.

Trump is already blaming the congregation for not having more security. It's all lies, blame, denigration with him. Everyone who supports Trump, and by extension the radical right that he has so loudly championed, bears responsibility for these daily acts of hateful, extreme violence. Shame on you all.

Bowers (the shooter) took to Gab, a social network that bills itself as a being dedicated to free speech and which is increasingly popular among alt-right activists and white nationalists. After opening an account on it in January, he had shared a stream of anti-Jewish slurs and conspiracy theories. It was on Gab where he found a like-minded community, reposting messages from Nazi supporters.

“Jews are the children of Satan,” read Mr. Bowers’s biography

Gab has grown increasingly popular among those whose views are unwelcome on other services. It grew out of claims of anti-conservative bias by Facebook and Twitter and is best known for its limited user guidelines.

Milo Yiannopoulos was an early adapter of the Gab site - I wonder if Fox is still one of his fan girls as she defended him vociferously when his pedophiliac remarks became public as just a joke.

WORDS HAVE MEANING AND CONSEQUENCES.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics